Weight Reduction....

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
whats some basic weight reductions i can do ?? i already have done:spare tire/jack,spoiler,rear seat,..... oh ya, how much do the stock wheels weigh ?? silver one's trying to compare them to the saleens i got. they are much heavier then the stock one for sure....

Mach0ne351

Established Member
rear seat delete, tubular kmember, coilovers, hood, remove interior panels, remove stereo stuff, smaller gas tank lol

marek

mk2001c

Established Member
I swapped out the driver's power seat rack for a manual seat rack - saved about 25 lbs and the added benefit of the seat sitting a little bit lower (about 1/2 inch). You can still keep the seat plugged in and have the electric lumbar.

cobraracer46

Banned
You can start loosing some pounds where it matters most by getting some some ultra light rims. My Fikse 17x10 rims weigh less than 18 pounds while stock 03 cobra wheels check in at 25 pounds. you can also loose a few pounds by running two piece brake rotors with aluminum hats. Depending on how hard core you are you can gut your interor and ditch components that dont make the car go fast like the ac, heater and climate control system and sound deadner insulation.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Sorry to go off-topic but what did you do when you took your spoiler off, did you plug them or just leave them open?

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
search the DOHC forum on corral for "weight reduction", there's a thread that lists a SH!TLOAD of stuff and their weights....

Users who are viewing this thread