Weight Reduction, where do i start?

Notrace81

Banned
Ok i now have it in my head to start dropping some pounds on my heavy dawg, what is the most common besides the jack and spare tire? I want to keep my seats and radio...

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Front sway bar removal.
Front bumper support removal(If your feeling risky)
Dont just remove spare tire and jack, pull out the entire winch assembly under teh truck.

Evap system removal.

When at the track, yank tailgate, bed cover, passenger seat.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Always forget the hitch. Since I went with a rollpan in the rear....
Huge weight savings ditching that bumper.

Evap system is tied into the gas tank.... Huge charcoal box undernear the rear axle.

s|ck

Established Member
Racing Seats
ABS Delete
EVAP Delete
Windshield Wipers/Motor
Windshield Washer Reservoir
Roll Pan
Exhaust Heat Shields
Front Sway Bar
Fiberglass Leaf Springs

Notrace81

Banned
2nd...

are all those cars in your sig yours?

LOL... I wish just half owner of the GT3RS... Those are my parents cars (I hate rich people);-)

I just own:
1/2 08' Porsche GT3RS
94' Supra 6spd 80mm Turbo
03' Lightning
07' Hummer H3
01' Audi S4 (Sold on Saturday)

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
+1 on the no sway bar. I pulled mine, and I'm a DD. Never put it back as I barely noticed anything different about the handling....

s|ck

Established Member
LOL... I wish just half owner of the GT3RS... Those are my parents cars (I hate rich people);-)

I just own:
1/2 08' Porsche GT3RS
94' Supra 6spd 80mm Turbo
03' Lightning
07' Hummer H3
01' Audi S4 (Sold on Saturday)

Ask your parents if they're adopting :eek: :lol1:

Notrace81

Banned
Thanks guys for the great info I think I found me a project for today.

MMShaggy:beer:
SRTthis:beer:
Sick:beer:
LightningClint:beer:

Sick, I will find out about the adoption for you.:dancenana:

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
I pulled my Tailgate, get some Slicks and skinnies if your wanting to save some weight, with full interior, slicks and skinnies, hitch removed, and the spare still under the truck. I weighed 4650 on the scales at Memphis Motorsports Park. I dont know what it weighs with the spare gone, but that bich is heavy. The stock wheels are fairly heavy so lighter wheels will really help you there. I have AR Baja's, and while they are not "light" they are mucho lighter than the stockers.

my98stang46

Established Member
Sometimes its not about how much you wiegh but where the wieght is...I moved my battery from the front to where the hitch used to mount...I know I added wieght to the truck by extending the cables but now the heavy ass battery is low and behind the rear axle for better wieght transfer. I also havent opted to remove the evap because I've heard that your computer loses the ability to reatin long term fuel trims. My engine compartment looks naked compared to most other though. I moved and removed a LOT of stuff

busakiller

Established Member
i swiss cheesed my front bumper with a plasma cutter. ditched a little over 20lbs in the best place possible. i replaced my seats with some corbeau GTS II's. also, fabtech makes a arms and assorted front suspension pieces. i didnt see anybody mention brakes either. aerospace makes a kit that ditches 8 lbs on each side. didnt see wheels being mentioned either. roatating mass is huge. i took my e barake assy out under the dash. that combined with the cable was 10 lbs. also took a few braces out form under the dash that resulted in 10 lbs. ripped the factory gas tank out and used a 20 gal cell from summit to mount right over the rear tires in the bed. i also did pretty much everything that was mentioned prior.

theres alot of weight to be removed, you just have to tear alot of the truck down to get it. mine was already tore down, so i just started gutting it.

Last edited:

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
i swiss cheesed my front bumper with a plasma cutter. ditched a little over 20lbs in the best place possible. i replaced my seats with some corbeau GTS II's. also, fabtech makes a arms and assorted front suspension pieces. i didnt see anybody mention brakes either. aerospace makes a kit that ditches 8 lbs on each side. didnt see wheels being mentioned either. roatating mass is huge. i took my e barake assy out under the dash. that combined with the cable was 10 lbs. also took a few braces out form under the dash that resulted in 10 lbs.

theres alot of weight to be removed, you just have to tear alot of the truck down to get it. mine was already tore down, so i just started gutting it.

yup the rotating mass is a huge help when you can ditch weight that you have to turn

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
No worries Notrace, I'll take that 94' Supra 6spd 80mm Turbo for payment. :)

Rotating mass? og come on guys, you mean to tell me these 22's are slowing me down? Rubbish!

lol.

Users who are viewing this thread