weight reduction in a fox

Got Boost?

Established Member
hey can you guys name anything you can think of to reduce weight in a fox, im not worried about creature comforts...only thing that concerns me is ac 'cause im in Florida. also i'd like to keep the power steering.

of course theres all the obvious things:
jack/spare
sound deadener
rear seat
lightweight racing seats
door panels and mechanicles
speakers
draglites/skinnies

then getting serious:
lexan windows
fiber glass hood/hatch
lightweight fuel cell
dumps
unneccasary panels

what are some of the things i over looked or didnt think of (put this together quick so im sure theres some obvious ones)

thanks,
Got Boost?

91hatch

Established Member
Depends on how far you want to go. If ur really serious things like the center console(weights about 20 lbs). I know u put rear seat but when u do that also be sure to grab the seat belts out thats another 10-15lbs. Front Sway bar is about 35lbs. Biggest thing i saw you over looked would be getting a tubular k memeber and front suspenson that alone is an easy 100lbs

SVT10TH#1721

Established Member
Taking off the Bumper behind the Bumper cover They are good for at least 20lbs each front and back.Aluminum D/S take off the weight on the Rear end housing.If you got good control arms you could take off the qaud shocks thats all I can think of besides what's already been mentioned GL.

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Got Boost? said:
what are some of the things i over looked or didnt think of (put this together quick so im sure theres some obvious ones)

?

Don't forget the heater core, and all HVAC components. The problem is its under the dash. It will take you and a buddy several hours to pull it, but while you're in there you'll see plenty of crap that can be pulled.

Sp3nis

Baby With a Bottle
Established Member
Yeah get a nice set of trickflow alum heads, those stock iron ones are heavy!

Users who are viewing this thread