Weight Gained 200-300 pounds!

Husker

Established Member
Very disturbing.

Our work is cut out for us because unbeknown to most Mustang aficionados (and not “officially” confirmed by Ford for obvious reasons), the 2015 Mustang ended up gaining 200-300 pounds in this remake – and with weight being the “enemy of performance”, there are plenty of challenges needed to ensure that the 2015 iteration of America’s favorite Pony Car isn’t left at the starting line spinning its wheels against the competition.

Weight Gain

Davy_Baby9

Established Member
Knew it. That's probably why no numbers except for price have been released. Even the C7 gained a few lbs over the C6.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I agree hard to see take in, but look at all the signs and the new suspension... :( If true thank god for my Boss LOL!

stangfreak

Established Member
The irs does add more weight so that was a given. Just look at the 03 cobras. do a solid axle swap and your saving lots of weight.

rrg9946

Established Member
Very unlikely that it gained that much weight in my opinion. We will see.

I agree. From an engineering stand point there is now way the car gained that much weight over last MY. The material all be it more are lighter in weight. The IRS may add 50-75 lbs. There would not be 150-215 lbs of added material to this platform on accessories and new build material.

LostPony

Established Member
I've said it on other sites and I'll repeat it here. This is a deal breaker for me regardless of performance. Extra weight will just eat more tires, brakes, fuel etc both on track and off. If it isn't true, then I will never buy Steeda products because of this BS and the shit storm they have just created!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
IRS/ bigger brakes/ more creature comforts, wheels etc etc all play a huge roll. Shit adds up.. That's why I'm still shocked they went with the IRS lol.. Who cares are HP numbers when the Power to weight ratio is still the same or worse lol

65fastback2+2

Established Member
highly doubt it...but i did expect it to chop a couple pounds to make up for the added IRS weight to come in at the same weight.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Meh, Steeda is in the job of selling you parts to make it faster. I would take this as a grain of salt and a company trying to get people pre-ordering parts.
Seeing the S197 and S550 next to each other, it's hard to believe it gained that much weight... Yes the car is wider, but the car is lower overall.

Deranged2013

Established Member
This is very disappointing!. Had my heart set on buying a 2015, but if this is true, I will be looking to buy another Boss.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I mean, is it really that hard for people to believe? Everyone knew IRS would tack on weight, and then you factor in the fact that ford has said not a damn word about any "weight savings" or weight in general, but then proceeds to send out teaser vids like the line lock video...

I feel bad for the people who pre-ordered and had the fanboy glasses blinding them from the facts, cuz if for some reason I chose to pre-order a vehicle before knowing all the information, I would be pissed on this one.

rrg9946

Established Member
I mean, is it really that hard for people to believe? Everyone knew IRS would tack on weight, and then you factor in the fact that ford has said not a damn word about any "weight savings" or weight in general, but then proceeds to send out teaser vids like the line lock video...

I feel bad for the people who pre-ordered and had the fanboy glasses blinding them from the facts, cuz if for some reason I chose to pre-order a vehicle before knowing all the information, I would be pissed on this one.

I preordered and am not by any news disappointed even if the 200-300lb weight gain is true (which I doubt). The car is much more than just a Mustang this time around. Its going to be a great all around car. I am not going to let 200lbs stand in the way of taking delivery of this new generation of mustang. It just means I get to play with it by adding more power which is already in the works and lighten her up a bit. I couldn't be any more excited. So I'm,really not a fanboy, I am a very experienced car guy that is excited by the looks and possibilities of what this car will be capable of. I have yet to be disappointed by any new Gen mustang or revision (other than the 70's and early 80's lol). So I will enjoy the hell out of my new ride when I get it and more importantly be smiling ear to,ear knowing my girl has junk in the trunk

Users who are viewing this thread