Weight distribution for drag racing

Foxkid87

Established Member
Welp im asking this question because as you guys already know our cars are nose heavy and my car will see a lot of strip action. One thing that worries me that i havnt really figured out what im going to do to combat the problem is im going to be running TT and the block im using for the build is cast iron (03-03 cobra block) so its going to put a lot more weight on the front of the car. Anyone have any suggestions too help shift the weight around. The battery will be in the trunk. I have tubular k member and a arms and im running manual brakes and steering. the only acc the car will have is a water pump and alt. So i guess the question is what else can be moved around on the car to help get some of the weight off the front of it. Ive been thinking ill be removing the 5mph crash bumper and fabing my own support so the bumper doesnt cave in at higher speeds. Not really sure what else can be moved around. thanks for any other suggestions

blacksheep-1

Established Member
lose the front sway bar, go to an aluminum radiator, find a way to move the engine back or the front axles forward, glass hood, (depending on the speed of the car) you can raise the ride height, coil overs, 90/10 front shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread