Weekend results from Vernon -

The Bird

Established Member
What mods do you have on the Impalla man? I have a buddy in Las Vegas with one who has heads, cam, headers, and a lot of odds and ins and he is in the 12s now. Don't think his is making 435 though. You mean at the wheels right? Got bottle on her? Just wondering.

One hell of a fast car if you put that down to the ground. :)

I have 450 flyhweel assuming 15% drive loss with the six speed and my gearing.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
1996 Chevy Impala SS 350 LT-1, Procharger Supercharger w/ 8 PSI Modifications: 3.73 gear, 52MM throttle body, LT1 aluminum head motor, 2-1/4" flow master with cross over, Hypertech Power Programer Plus, SLP headers, SLP cold air induction, K&N dual fiters, 1.6 Rocker arms, aluminum drive shaft

Best time 1/4 12.875 @ 110.55

wheelspin

Established Member
Way to lay it out SoHowCome. :D

1.-I think the f-body twins here are being quite straightforward here. I don't think anybody is exagerrating to a terrible degree.

2.-BUT, I do see where "I think it should run..." will draw fire. Regardless of how close you may be with your guess, until you have a timeslip, it's no better than ricertalk. (No offense intended to you car or you times. Sounds like you have a nice ride...)
Get a timeslip so the question doesn't come up anymore.

3.-And keep posting the kills! If they race you, they asked for it!! If someone choses to race John Force with a stock Cobra, he's the guys who has to live with it!

-Hell, I'm not afraid to race people I know are significantly faster, just because I want to see how I do, and to see a fast car in action. I can live with the fact that someone out there is faster than me.
(We're not measuring dick size here folks, it's all in fun...)
:D

Oh, and if you have videos, POST EM DAGNABBIT!!
:r:

The Bird

Established Member
Originally posted by wheelspin
Way to lay it out SoHowCome. :D

1.-I think the f-body twins here are being quite straightforward here. I don't think anybody is exagerrating to a terrible degree.

2.-BUT, I do see where "I think it should run..." will draw fire. Regardless of how close you may be with your guess, until you have a timeslip, it's no better than ricertalk. (No offense intended to you car or you times. Sounds like you have a nice ride...)
Get a timeslip so the question doesn't come up anymore.

3.-And keep posting the kills! If they race you, they asked for it!! If someone choses to race John Force with a stock Cobra, he's the guys who has to live with it!

-Hell, I'm not afraid to race people I know are significantly faster, just because I want to see how I do, and to see a fast car in action. I can live with the fact that someone out there is faster than me.
(We're not measuring dick size here folks, it's all in fun...)
:D

Oh, and if you have videos, POST EM DAGNABBIT!!
:r:
Well said, and I agree. That is why I do not post my times. I have excuses on the runs I have, because the car was real inconsistent.

I ran a 13.20 at 108 missing second gear in the 1/8 and it put me a full second slower in the 1/8mile average. I had a 9.5 1/8 mile and I used to turn ( before the cam and headers) a 8.5-8.6 consisgtent. Had I run on the money like I know the car could have that day, it would have been a 12 easy before I gained my other 50 rw with my cam and headers.

I would guess I could run a high 11 now (11.9s) in the teens (117sih) mph. But yea, I totally agree, that it is a run what you brung and we can all guess at what we should have run. :) I totally agree with you.

It is funny seing a stock GT (not knocking them here) want to run me in my fairly modded Bird. I guess I still look like a slow car with the V6 body but V8 guts. hehehehe. And again, some just want to see what you can do.

I try to not run my car hard much anymore as it is getting real expensive to fix.

Hey, there is always someone faster.

"Speed is not a function of brand, but a function of Dollars..."

00SS

Established Member
i'm having difficulty getting them to resonable size avi's . Anyone want to help?? my buddy created them alright but there 300+ mb
??? agghhh. I'm gonna have to go buy a TV card and do it myself.. i don't even have enough web-space to put the forkin thing.

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
I may be a ford guy, but i will give it to 00SS. We all know his car is heavily modded so i don't see why the bs flag would be raised. I would hope his car would kill a stock cobra, at least he stated it was stock. SOunds like it was one hell of a fun weekend, keep up the good work.:007::

00SS

Established Member
SohowcomeHottie - I will try that tonight, thx.

Manystangs - thx man.

I didn't get to the track this weekend .. it rained and I wasn't real anxious to blow something again either. But hey a week break in period on the tranny should be enough right? :)

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
SAW THE VID!!!!!!!

Okay for all of you that say it isn't possible or think he is exaggerating. You need to see it, it is in fact at least a 8 length kill. Not once but twice.:dw:

Great kill man, even though it was on a Cobra. :D

00SS

Established Member
booyah- thank man..

I can't let the cobra take all the heat, i wasn't very selective on my kills the first race of the video is actually a modded Z28 (i know, i'm a canibal ) the second one is the cobra. Pretty much same outcome though :D I raced the cobra twice and told him he should run the z28 ..they looked like they would have been a good race.. judging from the video i would say the cobra would have been really good comp. for the juiced z28. however, after the 2nd run with me he didn't want anymore and went home.. :(

anyway, still having trouble getting the video hosted..so i will work on it tonight (as the firewall at work is very much a pain in the arse)

take care....

Users who are viewing this thread