Weekend install with Dyno results

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
My buddy brought his truck over this past sunday for a down and dirty install in prep for a scheduled dyno tune the following monday morning.

100% stock 02 HD

Parts installed:

-Volant CAI
-Lightning Force Performance 8lb lower with hub and belt
-Granatelli BA 2400 MAF
-Snow Performance STG 1 Water/Meth injection

The install went very very smoothly aside from the 40 deg temps out in my garage. Install time went about 15 hours only because 1/2 the time we were drinking and BS'ing around. We ran into a few hiccups that easily fixed. I cannot stress enough that whenever you order parts from Summit Racing, ensure you recieved the RIGHT parts before you get your apples together to install everything. They sent the following wrong parts:

-Rotors (drilled and slotted). He ordered the fronts, they sent the rears
-Pillar gauge pod, they send one for the wrong truck
-Snow Meth kit. They sent us the N/A kit that has the vaccum switch rather than the pressure switch. We used the 5lb kenne bell pressure switch from a boost-a-pump kit that was laying around and thankfully worked with no problem.
-Sent the wrong SCT tuner. Ordered an x3, then send an SF3. Still works, just no strategy tuning, so we had to putt putt 30 mins to the dyno with an untuned 8 lower, but with no problems.

At the dyno we had an issue with the fuel pressure dropping from 55psi to 42psi in the upper RPMs running over 90% duty cycle on the injectors. The problem was easy enough, just needed a new fuel filter. 55-52spi fuel pressure afterwards.

The dyno session took about 4 hours to pound out 2 solid tunes, 1 meth, 1 92 octane no meth.

Results:

WOT AFR's 12.1:1

391rwhp, 505rwtq

The 8 lower resulted in 14.8 psi with stock tb and exhaust.

That's with massive heat soak under back to back pulls. Nice bump in power from 340/425 flywheel.

Last edited:

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Didnt really take much pics but here are a few:

c6e4d0bb-81fc-f392.jpg

c6e4d0bb-8213-28e3.jpg

c6e4d0bb-822f-21af.jpg

Front rotor/pads, wideband, steeda full suspension, etc, all arrive this week. Along with a muffler delete/lightning style exit being done saturday morning.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Its def got a kick in the pants now. Oh yeah, i forgot to mention, on meth it pulls 21* of timing. The meth install is semi stealth too. The only thing u see is the red line going to the nozzle on the intake. We tapped the stock windshield fluid tank to supply the solenoid/pump under the driver's side frame. I wanted to mount the nozzle under the intake but my buddy said no. His truck, his call. That 8 lower makes alot of noise at idle, low speed, and cruising. Sounds beastly. The average person will think it just has a bad steering pump, haha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread