Wed night at the MB Speedway (drag racing?)

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
What exactly goes on at the Wed night event at the MB Speedway? On the Speedways website it says every Wed night is "drift and drag racing". Do they set up a 1/8 on the oval or is there a dedicated drag strip there? I wont be ale to make it to Darlington Thursday night :bored: but Wed night is open and would love to do a little straight line racing if thats an option.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
To my knowledge you can make laps around the oval, they have a road course deal set up inside, and a burn out contest. I think that is all but I could be wrong. www.mustangweek.com has the full details though.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Here is the info from mustangweek.com:
On Wednesday, July 23, 2008, we will head over to the Myrtle Beach Speedway (www.myrtlebeachspeedway.com) for some fun-runs and an autocross. 2007 was the first year we included this event and it was a huge success! You can both come out and watch all the activity as a spectator ($5 per person) or pay just a little more ($20) and participate in all the fun. Gates are scheduled to open from 4:00pm until 9:00pm (although this may change to allow more track time!). This is a very unique opportunity. The MB Speedway is a NASCAR sanctioned, ½ mile oval track. Prior to the event, Speedway and MW Staff will lay cones on the racetrack to provide a safe, but challenging line around the racetrack. Fun-run participants get the chance to go out onto the track one car at a time and take a few laps at their own pace. Staying inside the cones insures speeds are kept within safe limits. This is an excellent photo and video opportunity and an absolute thrill for the driver. An autocross course will be set up on the track's infield during this event as well! The autocross course is set up and run by experienced personnel, ensuring safety and fun. Autocrossing gives the driver the opportunity to test their driving skills on a flat, coned course! The autocross will provide a low-speed chance to push your car's handling capability while testing the driver's skill behind the wheel! Both the fun-runs and autocross provide an excellent opportunity for participants to get a feel for open-track, road course-style events. The night ends with the Mustang Week Burnout Contest! Participants line up one at a time on the racetrack to light them up for the crowd! One fee allows you to take part in the autocross, fun-runs, and the burnout contest!

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Last year they had a "street race" kinda thing on one of the straightaways. They probably did away with it because the straight is too short. The guy that ran/owns the track flagged us Pinks-style and we raced to the finish line on the straight. It was fun and I'll definitely do the drag again if they continue it... but the only negative to is was that they started us IN TURN 4 LOL. The inside car always had a HUGE advantage and it's hard to hook your car up when your steering wheel is turned and the track is banked. It made for some fun races though!

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Not going to do the street drag thing at the Speedway again. More folks would rather continue the fun runs around the speedway and let the autocross keep going.

Users who are viewing this thread