Weathertech/husky liner need an all weather mat

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Bought my wife an excursion a while back and it didn't have any floor mats, I just cut out some household carpet we had leftover to make due. Been looking on these websites and I'm leaning towards husky, but my wife isn't too fond of the hard plastic weathertech mats my brother used to have. I think they husky mats are more flexible. Are all rubber mats trimmed to fit? I haven't had much luck calling these places, and have yet to get an email back. Is anyone here an vendor or have a set in a vehicle that can give some feedback on?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
We have Weather Tech Digital Fit floor liners in all our cars. Love them. Will put them in every car we get in the future.

Last edited:

MysticRob

Established Member
The Husky Weatherbeaters we have in the C-Max are form fitted just like the WeatherTech Digitalfit mats we purchased for other cars, but they're less cost, likely because they're slightly thinner. That being said, even though they're thinner than WeatherTech I seriously doubt I'll ever wear them out.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
My parents just bought a set of weather tech mats for their truck. Just put them in over the weekend. I am not impressed with the fit. They look like great mats, but did not fit to the contours of the foot wells very well.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I have quadratec/rugged ridge floormats in my Jeep. Very thick and durable, but still form fitting and cover the whole footwell. Snow and water collects in them to be dumped out or let evaporate, they are great.

Explosive

Established Member
I just bought a set of husky for my Focus ST, reason being they had better coverage than the weather tech mats. Nice mats

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I had weathertechs and liked them besides the passenger side one. It slid around way too much, no grip underneath it. My gf's husky liners have something underneath them to grip the carpet and they work well

Sapperstang

Established Member
We bought weathertechs for our new car. I am not impressed with them at all, especially for the price. Never again.

On the drivers side they could cover more area. The retainers that snap into the posts in the carpet pop out of the mat and stay stuck to the posts and I can't get them off. They seem cheaply made and the passenger side mat slides around a lot.

Last edited:

Raven519

Established Member
had husky liners in my Wrangler, didn't like them, very cheap feeling. Weathertech in everything else and love them, not issues with fitment at all.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
My parents just bought a set of weather tech mats for their truck. Just put them in over the weekend. I am not impressed with the fit. They look like great mats, but did not fit to the contours of the foot wells very well.

If they were cold when you put them in, they aren't going to lay perfectly. After they warm up and go through some heat cycles, they'll fit like gloves.

Also, everyone needs to be aware that Weather Tech has regular mats and then the Digital Fit floor liners. The floor liners are what you want. They cost a lot more, but are well worth the investment.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
If they were cold when you put them in, they aren't going to lay perfectly. After they warm up and go through some heat cycles, they'll fit like gloves.

Also, everyone needs to be aware that Weather Tech has regular mats and then the Digital Fit floor liners. The floor liners are what you want. They cost a lot more, but are well worth the investment.

I said we got the mats, but we actually got the liners. I forgot they had mats and liners. It has been a little cool here lately, so hopefully when it warms up they fit the contours better.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I have the Weathertech liners for My '11 F-150 and just bought them for all floors in my Wife's '14 Edge. The fitment is perfect and they function as advertised. I will buy them for every vehicle I buy from now on, I wish I hadn't waited. They are carpet and OEM floor mat savers fosho, and well worth the money IMO. Especially in the northeast where I live. I'm not sure about sliding around like mentioned above...if they're installed correctly they don't move unless they're pulled out because they have mounting posts with velcro on the top.

Last edited:

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I uaually buy weathertech for all my vehicles, I have them in my wifes Explorer Sport since new.

I just put Husky's in my F150, while they fit nothing like the weathertechs, I was going for cheaper...and they do the job.

Last edited:

tnuce10

Established Member
I put Weathertech Digital Fit in my '12 Explorer around the first of the year. As soon as my dad saw them he ordered a set for his '06 F150.

I love mine and like others have said, they will be going in every vehicle I have from now on. I am mad I waited over a year to put them in this car.

pur octane

Established Member
I have weathertech in f150 as well as wife s car.Ilikethem a lot fit was excellent.So far this year we have had 30 inches of snowand last year, I believe around the same.The weathertech have protected by far the best
so imo I prefer weathertech looked at husky,but have had good results with weathertech so could see a need to change

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Got WeatherTech Floor Liners for 1st row, 2nd row, and a Cargo Liner for the Boss's Escape - Love 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread