We need a definitive answer.........

donaisenbrey

Established Member
'03's Exhaust.....We need a definitive answer.........

Are the '03's exhaust systems severely restricted at the "H" or at the mufflers?

I have seen posts saying "at the H" and I have seen posts saying "at the Mufflers".

Does anyone know for sure?.............Don

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
I can't comment on the H, but the cat back (mufflers and tailpipes) is extremely restrictive. The tailpipes are bottled down to something ridiculous like 1 3/4" and have a steel wool-like "baffling" in them. Look closely and you'll see a tip-within-a-tip at the tailpipes. Someone posted a detailed description when they changed their exhaust and I previously posted a pic of the tailpipe assembly...

92LX5.0

Established Member
yeah, I will. I say its the damn cat back doin most of the choking. Or atleast the pipes n tips.............

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Don, it's the catback. I have pic's I can post if you are interested. The tips have baffles and the bends are very crude at best. There are a lot of necked down sections.

I looked at my old exhaust a couple of days ago when I was getting my lawn mower out and I noticed there was "2001" painted on one of my mufflers. I didn't notice this before.

Black Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTyballz

Once you install long tubes, you have no choice but to change the stock h-pipe. It will not fit.
gary

You're right. I wasn't thinking.

donaisenbrey

Established Member
Is the below true?

you just can't mix and match any x-pipe and exhaust when you have a roots type supercharger. You need a certain amount of backpressure in order for it to make its maximum safe horsepower

If so....who is the expert that will tell us exactly what we should put on to free up the restrictions, but yet allow for the proper backpressure?.........Don

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread