We may have our hands full

malibu78

Established Member
Has anyone seen the stats on the new c7?
6.2 L pushrod v-8 450 hp 426 tq and a torque curve that is as flat as an ironing board. The vehicle is predicted to come in at 2800lbs. I realize that it will cost 50K but it should run mid 11's out of the box. Time for some N2O or blower:beer:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
The vehicle is predicted to come in at 2800lbs.

I seriously doubt that as it would be 400+ lbs lighter than the current car. This is tough to do without production costs skyrocketing or really shrinking the car. Even a Miata weighs 2,500lbs.

It also won't cost 50k in any sort of typically optioned car.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
Yeah the new C7 sounds like it'll be crazy...nothing a 5.0 with a blower can't handle though for a fraction of the cost

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
There is going to be lots of faster cars than mine when you get to modding cars. This one will be no different. Not that I really care what anyone else is doing. I'm just having fun with my own car. 600-700rw is enough for me to have fun with. :)

D.T.R

Established Member
I seriously doubt that as it would be 400+ lbs lighter than the current car. This is tough to do without production costs skyrocketing or really shrinking the car. Even a Miata weighs 2,500lbs.

It also won't cost 50k in any sort of typically optioned car.

Amen.

REPCobra10

Established Member
The C7 will certainly be a bad-ass car, but I'm not worried about it--there's nothing that a little nitrous can't fix going up against one...;-)

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Apples to oranges, who cares. I will be keeping my eyes on the C6 Z market though and owners jumping to the new latest and greatest.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Apples to oranges, who cares. I will be keeping my eyes on the C6 Z market though and owners jumping to the new latest and greatest.

^^this. Since when does a corvette compare to a mustang? I'm sure those cars will easily hit 500hp with a tune and mild bolt ons. With that power and a lighter platform it'll run with gt500s.

04svtsnke

Established Member
This will be no different than terminators needing 100-150 rwhp to stay neck and neck with a c6z.... I look forward to hearing about the zo7

malibu78

Established Member
I'm really excited to see this new Corvette add it should be extremely fast especially if itthe weighs2800 pounds. If gm doesnt put a junk trans clutch or rear end it will go high tens with stickies and driver mod

Users who are viewing this thread