We had an Oops! need advice on car that fits 3 car seats..

byeofcr

Established Member
Well.. the "its not possible to happen".. happened. baby #3 was conceived much to my shock and dashing any hopes of purchasing a new gt350..

I have a 2 year old, an 8 month old, and now #3 enroute. Wife drives a Lincoln MKT, I have a Matrix I daily. So now we need 3 seats. The wife is adamant against minivans.. I personally dont care. I know how much easier it would be to load and unload 3 kids and their gear in a minivan compared to playing the puzzle game in a SUV or car.. So for my car Ill probably pick up a minivan, her lease is up in a year, at which point she still intends to keep an SUV.

but just out of sheer curiousity, has anyone had any experience with a sedan or suv with 3 REAR facing car seats (wife is also adamant about the kid sitting backwards till his 4!). I heard its really all in the seats fitting together, the thinner the better which I get, but what cars did you fit 3 car seats in and was manageable to get the kids and out without cursing yourself for not getting a minivan..

Cars I read that could fit/ are equipped to carry 3 seats: Dodge Magnum, Crown Vic, Dodge Challenger (Id order a hellcat tomoro if so), passat wagon (id just get an SUV at that point)

These arent my choices, but if anyone owns one and thinks itd be manageable with any of them, please let me know the pros and cons.

Thanks in advance.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
If you want a car you'll need a full size. The crown Vic I don't think would have the necessary provisions for the rear face middle seat. Might want to check on that.

I'm assuming you meant Charger instead of Challenger? That's probably not a choice given it's size, might be worth looking in to. You could add the big caddy's to your list as well and I think you'd be alright.

byeofcr

Established Member
If you want a car you'll need a full size. The crown Vic I don't think would have the necessary provisions for the rear face middle seat. Might want to check on that.

I'm assuming you meant Charger instead of Challenger? That's probably not a choice given it's size, might be worth looking in to. You could add the big caddy's to your list as well and I think you'd be alright.

Negative i was shocked to read challenger as well lol never thought it would. But theres only 1 rear facing in the pic.. id have two permanent seats and the infant seat until #3 is out grows it.. now that i think of it tho... how in the hell would i get 3 rear facing kids into their seats without having the alley between seats like in a suv or minivan.. i guess i answered my owm question after typing it out

https://www.cars.com/articles/2014/10/which-cars-fit-three-car-seats/

nxhappy

Established Member
damn didn't you get your nuts cut? lolol

for the car.....why not a ford explorer ?

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
I went through the same thing. bought a Taurus sho due to the width, still was not enough room. ended up with a supercrew f-150 and have room to spare with 3 car seats.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
You can fit 3 car seats across the rear seat of a ctsv. It's snug, but can be done. Proof below

http://youtu.be/w_FsC4DQ7_U

Enjoy. My three kids have been daily'd in the ctsv, gtr, and now rs7. Talk about spoiled!!!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Ford Flex with 3.5EB

Best option in this thread.

You can fit 3 car seats across the rear seat of a ctsv. It's snug, but can be done. Proof below

http://youtu.be/w_FsC4DQ7_U

Enjoy. My three kids have been daily'd in the ctsv, gtr, and now rs7. Talk about spoiled!!!

The Flex would be my first moddest choice....

Charger HC, Audi S6/S7/RS7 would be my spoiled choices.

byeofcr

Established Member
Gotta work out on your pull out game man!! LOL! Congrats on #3!

damn didn't you get your nuts cut? lolol

for the car.....why not a ford explorer ?

Pull out game is weak!! Lol doctor assured us that while shes nursing and doesnt get her monthly friend we were good to go!! Somehow i guess we just happened to time it right and she never got it then all of a sudden.. all the preggo clues popped up...oops.

What is wrong with using the MKT?

Its a lease.. mileage is always a concern and this may sound totally shitty but she hates it.. she got out of a MB ML after i hoped to save some bucks with the lincoln.. and shes not liked it.

The Flex would be my first moddest
Charger HC, Audi S6/S7/RS7 would be my spoiled choices.

I like the flex... just the price was steep but 400-425 with 5 down is prob going to be what im lookin at.. im estimating on the high side i think but that seems bout right. I kinda liked not having a car note..

If my wife was not adamant about the rear facing thing id like the ctsv option and spend the coin lol what deats were ya runnin??

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread