ways to get better 60' times?

Darufe

Established Member
Well my tune gearing and tires are way off to start with but... i managed 126mph with a 2.1 60' on a no prep track.

Tires are too tall and should be bias ply. Was hoping i could get et streets to hook but i either spin like mad or bog down. 29" tall tires dont work at my current power levwl.

I trap at the begining of fourth gear so again gearing is way off.
Mph puts me in low 10 high 9 et though from what i gather?

So other then the pbvious tune / tire / gearing fixes...

What are good mods to hook and get some 1.5 or lower 60' times?

Roushcornfed

Established Member
I run 131.5mph and run 10.5 et 1.62 60 foot with no weight deductions but I have an auto. Usually high 9s on these cars is around 134 or more. You need slicks for sure for the manual

Last edited:

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
yep...SLICKS! especially if you have all the other ingredients as far as suspension already in place.

Darufe

Established Member
Maybe a little overstimate on high 9..
Probably mid to low 10s with the right tires alone.
But im hitting 10:1 afr on boost the tune is wayyy off robbing alot of hp.

But I was looking at other tricks for 60'?
Suspension mods/settings track tricks of any kind?
Like disconnecting sway bars remove strut tower brace and crap like that?
And effects on et/launch etc

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
any sort of suspension mods will definitely NOT hurt. The most common helpful suspension mods are LCA with brackets and UCA with mount along with any weight loss you can shed will only add to the success and formula. Passenger seat removal, rear seat delete, smaller battery or Radiator support bar/kits...again, check out BILLETPROSHOP he makes a rad. support kit (mounts) not a full bar. I believe his full kit was a total of 4lbs. I have a BMR support bar and weight is approx 8lbs. Stock bar I believe, if my memory serves me correctly is approx 14lbs or so. It may all sounds like pinching pennies and such small differences that there is NO way it can make a difference...But it does. When you add a few or several of these small things, you will definitely see your improvements at the track.

Last edited:

Darufe

Established Member
I gwt 0 wheel hop...I heard thats pretty much the only advantage of LCAs?
Got the battery in the trunk
Ac gone
Light weight rad support
Empty trunk
Uca and mount
Koni yellows eibach springs

Meh ill see with slicks and some prep with the tune fixed I guess

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
1) Run 3/4 tank of gas & put your spare tire back in...
2) learn to slip the clutch
3) remove sway bar, metal brace, & all that plastic crap under the front end...
4) empty your washer fluid reservoir (if you still have it)
5) reduce timing in your tune if need be...

126mph is only going to get you low 11's unless you were a nitrous car.

Last edited:

Darufe

Established Member
What about rear sway? Keep for 1/4?

And to dmartass about getting slicks before motor. Its already 5 degrees out theres a 6 week wait on weld rts and ive had 4 weeks of summer with the car. I have all winter to get slicks. Not to mention I already said I need to fix the gearing, the utterly messed up tune and get slicks. If you got nothing intelligent or constructive to say...dont say anything.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Keep the rear sway bar.
I'd change the gear this year if I were you. If you thinks it's hurting you, I'd do it now...

Darufe

Established Member
Got a set of 3.55 waiting for days off to pull the rear end motor turbos trany etc.
Hoping 3.55 will be good with the new motor and 28" slicks. Oh well atleast gears are cheap

Currently have 29" tall drag radials and 3.73 but im getting a massive power boost during winter (stock block@8ish psi to built block@whatever the turbos can push)

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
How far are you from Milan Michigan? I know some Canadians come down to that track. Oct 11 & Nov 1 they have a No ET night. The track really hooks on those nights & the rules are very relaxed...

'14 Shelby

Established Member
What about rear sway? Keep for 1/4?

And to dmartass about getting slicks before motor. Its already 5 degrees out theres a 6 week wait on weld rts and ive had 4 weeks of summer with the car. I have all winter to get slicks. Not to mention I already said I need to fix the gearing, the utterly messed up tune and get slicks. If you got nothing intelligent or constructive to say...dont say anything.

If u mean me by smartass, sorry man. I was trying to be funny not a dick. Message boards and stuff don't really present comedy unless you write enough to sell the laugh.
Sounds like you need more tire (before your motor, of course) and one that motor comes you'll need a hell of a lot more tire :)

Darufe

Established Member
All good then :)
Sorry bout lashing out itd just theres often aholes on boards...my bad!

As for michigan...I need my pardon before they let me across...
When I do get it (only a matter of time its been like 15 years and a minor offense)
I might just buy a house somewhere near some tracks for winter. Hiusing in canada is stupid expensive...:/

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
along with all the good information already provided on this thread plus with combination of SEAT TIME & TRACK TIME for the best 60 foot times on each visit as it improves with every mod installed or diet trick. Its definitely a process. HAVE FUN!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread