Way To Put On New Pulley Without Tool?

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
I just bought a pulley puller off of Ebay here, and didn't realize that it doesn't have the piece that allows me to put the new pulley back on. :nonono:

Is there a way with common tools to put my new BilletFlow pulley on with out needing this tool:

image011.jpg

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
Hey pal, if you put two large washers( unless you can get a bearing that will fit the large bolt) on the long bolt with the small threaded rod on it, it can work. Back the nut away from the end, install the two washer on the bolt, position the pulley on the long bolt, screw the small end into the snout, hold bolt with a wrench while turning nut to work towards the pulley. When the nut gets snug against the washers and the pulley, slowly keep turning the nut until the pulley is flush with the blower snout! In a worse case scenario, I have positioned the pulley against the snout, took a peice of wood and put it against the pulley and tapped it on with a hammer until it was flush!! But definitely not the preferred method!! Use only in an extreme emergency! Could damage the blower!

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I've also used a bolt, washers and a nut to draw the pulley on the blower shaft. Make sure you have a high strength bolt and be sure the lube the washers and nut to keep the heat and friction to a minimum while tightening the nut.

I'd also be leary about driving or tapping on the pulley since this could damage the shaft bearings inside the blower...

dougwg

Established Member
Hey pal, if you put two large washers( unless you can get a bearing that will fit the large bolt) on the long bolt with the small threaded rod on it, it can work. Back the nut away from the end, install the two washer on the bolt, position the pulley on the long bolt, screw the small end into the snout, hold bolt with a wrench while turning nut to work towards the pulley. When the nut gets snug against the washers and the pulley, slowly keep turning the nut until the pulley is flush with the blower snout! In a worse case scenario, I have positioned the pulley against the snout, took a peice of wood and put it against the pulley and tapped it on with a hammer until it was flush!!

Only use the advice given above if you want to buy a new supercharger. There have been many who have ruined their blown by doing this way. :dw:

If you don't have the correct tools it can be done by heating the Hub to expand it.

You will need a pair of heat resistant gloves so that you don't get burned.
You should remove the pulley from the hub during the installation.
You should use a flat piece of metal held over the end of the hub so that it will only push on till flush.
You will need to act fast while useing this method.

Another method is to remove the snout and use an arbor press.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
The kit purchased on ebay will allow you to put the pulley on. You have to take the main bolt, that threads into the eatons apart. Spin the nut on to it, and put it through the large flat metal bar. That metal bar pushes the pulley on the supercharger. So once you have it reversed loosely put the pulley on the eaton, install the bolt into the snout with the big bar about to hit the pulley. Now run the nut home on the but bolt attached to the easton and it will put the pulley on the car.

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
OK, thanks guys. This might be on hold due to my vacation next week, but I'll try it out when I get back... :)

fastgt110

Established Member
I just used the bolt and nut method explained above too. Defenitely a tight press fit though so make sure you use a grade 8 bolt and heavy washers. Also never put a hammer to any part that is in contact with the blower snout if you care about your bearings :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread