Waxing Under the Hood?

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Does anybody wax painted surfaces under the hood? I want to do this in the engine bay but was just curious if the heat would adversly affect it in any way.
Thanks.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I do. It won't hurt anything.

EDIT:

pic4.jpg

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
There really isn't much reason to other than to make it shine a little and if that's the goal, you'd be just as good with a quick detailer or just a cheap polish. I wouldn't waste any of my expensive product under there. In all honesty, its probably the safest paint on the car. :lol:
Definitely won't hurt anything though.

Last edited:

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Yeah, I just want to do it for looks. I figured waxing it would last longer than the quick detail stuff but if it won't, I'll just use the quick detail.
Thanks.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Hmmm... That Klasse stuff looks interesting. I read up on it abit. I was going to go the wax route on my car once I get it out of the shop but I may try this stuff. It looks like it can be used on every surface. So rather than have 3-4 products for the outside and under the hood, I may try that. You use it on the outside of your car too, correct? How does it compare to Carnuba wax?

mixxer

Established Member
Klasse AIO is the most versitile product i use. Its get as a paint cleaner to use a s a base for many last step products,i also use it as an outside glass cleaner and sealer[polish glass with pc],use it under the hood,door jams ect,great on metals and i use it to seal wheels also.

Users who are viewing this thread