wax suggestions

wcjr

Established Member
I am getting ready to do a small detail on my 08 HG Bullitt. I am looking for suggestions on what type of wax to use. I have a porter cable, but the car doesnt really need any paint correction as it doesnt have bad swirls or scratches. Looking for a good product to apply by hand.

I will start with clay barring the car, then thats where I need your help.
The only thing I have done to this car since owning it is wash and then wax with nxt 2.0. I havent even used a clay bar.

Let me know what you guys suggest.

wcjr

Established Member
Guys what I am looking for is some suggestions on a multiple products. Looking for a good cleaner wax, sealant, polish, etc. I might even use the porter cable just for polishing purposes not with a cutting pad. I know there are thousands of products out there I was just curious what most use by hand.

Last edited:

wcjr

Established Member
On my last detail (DSG Mach 1) I used poorboy's products with the PC.
This time I wanting to use some products by hand and maybe use the PC on a step or two.

Does anyone have any suggestions, I would like to get some products ordered. I'm just not really sure what to use together, etc.

03vertsnake

Driver
Established Member
Everyone has their own opinion of what works the best and is the best. There are so many different combinations and types of wax that you will go insane trying to figure out what the 'best' is by just researching them and taking everyones opinion. You are going to have to try a lot of different kinds yourself. During the summer I try to wax my cars regularly and keep them as clean as possible. I like to try different products myself and they all have their individual pros and cons but i realized the most important part of a good wax is the prep work. Before each wax i like to wash the car with Dawn dish detergent and then clay bar the car and dry it with a microfiber. Then get to work with compound if necessary then cleaner wax and a final wax.

Personally on my daily driven vehicles I used Mothers California Gold and many people will hate on it but it works well in my opinion and last a good time and leaves the car well protected against the elements. I used that on a TL i got that needed some SERIOUS attention when I picked it up and it took me almost 4 hours just to clay bar the thing and be happy with the way it looked. I used the Mothers Paste wax and was VERY happy with the way it looked.

Another huge factor in my opinion is the cost of the wax. I feel that if you are paying twice the money for a wax it should look twice as good? Am I right? On the link above a quote says "I've tried some "Brands" of paste wax that were $700-$1800 a jar, nothing has compared to Petes 53 on my White 07' AMG 66"

$700-$1800 a jar of wax? Are you kidding me? The Petes 53 looks to be a great quality wax but no company is going to say on their website, 'Our wax is ok, your car will come out alright and you will be semi-satisfied' Everyone claims the deepest and darkest and wettest shine.

I have plenty of bottles of wax sitting in my garage that I have not liked and they are all half empty because i used them one and then bought something else. Grab the California Gold, its a good quality, and wont break your bank. If its for you great, if not next time try something else.

Users who are viewing this thread