Wax removal

delmarsteelers

Established Member
I put a wax on my car that left a residue and I hate to look at it in the sun. I use to be able to buy a clay bar with a solution to take it off; now I can't find the solution. Clay bars come with a wax now. I guess I could just use water and clay bar.
I would be scrared to death to wet sand the car, but I wish I had the nerve to do it. Any suggestions out there?

Last edited:

DCAN87

Established Member
delmarsteelers said:
I put a wax on my car that left a residue and I hate to look at it in the sun. I use to be able to buy a clay bar with a solution to take it off; now I can't find the solution. Clay bars come with a wax now. I guess I could just use water and clay bar.
I would be scrared to death to wet sand the car, but I wish I had the nerve to do it. Any suggestions out there?
What kind of residue? A clay bar should take out pretty much anything. If a claybar doesn't take it out, then I doubt your wax is the problem. What kind of wax was it?

Svets96

Established Member
Try a detail mist and a microfiber towel that should do the trick. Let me know if this helps. Because this is all I do is clean.

SVTDemon

Established Member
if you have an orbitor buffer put a clean pad on it and buff it off that way which usally works best right after you waxed it just go back over it again if its an oily streaky type residue

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
Try washing your car with liquid dish soap, such as DAWN. It strips wax. That is the first thing i would do.

SVECobraR

Established Member
at kragen and autozone they sell claybar and detail spray combos for 17bucks, buy one of those clay it and get some wax to cover it.

delmarsteelers

Established Member
SVECobraR said:
at kragen and autozone they sell claybar and detail spray combos for 17bucks, buy one of those clay it and get some wax to cover it.

I bought the stuff at Auto Zone and it came with a wax. Anyway, I went to an auto body place and the guy hooked me up on some grease, wax remover they use before painting, and that shit worked. The car was down to the bare. I could see some surface scratches in some areas I didn't see before. I then did the 3 stage meguire steps and the car has never looked better. Now when the light shines on it the car gleams a deep shine not a swirly tital wave...........Thanks for all the imput.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Sometimes waxes heavy in carnauba will leave a smear like residue, it's happened to me. If you leave your car in the sun, after you have removed the wax, usually causes the carnauba to mellow out and disappear.

Users who are viewing this thread