Watts Link on Vert - who's tried it?

Doc Vegas

Established Member
I posted a thread on the science of wheel hop and a side discussion started on what my "real" issue is... I hate the side "hop" I get when going around corners or hitting bumps in corners (frightening at times). Someone suggested a Watts Link and I started looking around. Seems like a VERY nice piece. I am partial to the Whiteline unit, but it seems it is only for coupes. Anyone running one on a vert or got some advise?

Thanks

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Fays makes a Watts Link with the correct piece to go around the support brace that is Convert. specific. <At least on the earlier GT500 Converts.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here is a thread from 2010 on Team Shelby when I asked about the Fays2 Watts Link. The second post is from a Convert. owner and it shows the Convert. specific braces and the link that is made to work around one of those braces...........

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/63725-fays2-watts-link-anyone-using-this/page-1

If your 2011 has those same two braces, this may be the set-up you are looking for. I know 2011-up changed some structural things on the bottom side, especially on the Convert., so "maybe" yours does not have the braces shown?

R

Last edited:

Doc Vegas

Established Member
Thanks Robert! Everything I read seems to be very positive for the Watts link. I like the look of the Whiteline best, but I guess it won't work on a vert.

Hope some others who tried this will chime in too!

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I thought a while back I read somewhere that BMR was doing a watts link. Might want to check with them about being a prototype for verts if they are to that stage?

Users who are viewing this thread