Water Wetter really works!

S/CCobra03

Established Member
I installed my new LFP heat exchanger last night and while I was at it, I changed my engine coolent. I added a bottle of water wetter and 20/80 anti freeze and water to both the HE and the engine. The temp. gauge would always got to a little less then half way during normal driving. Now with the water wetter it stays at about a quarter of the way up. I know that the stock gauge is not very accurate but I would say that this stuff lowered the coolent temp. by at least 15 degrees. I will use my temp. meter and check it for sure in a few days. Get some and try it for yourself.

MY DREAM

Established Member
Do you still have a thermostat? How can it only go 1/4 of the way? Mine stays just on the left side of the middle indicator (touching it just to the left). Thats just crazy. Good for you.

James

S/CCobra03

Established Member
MY DREAM said:
Do you still have a thermostat? How can it only go 1/4 of the way? Mine stays just on the left side of the middle indicator (touching it just to the left). Thats just crazy. Good for you.

James

Yes, the thermostat was untouched. I just drove it again and it still is staying about a quarter of the way up. Mine use to stay where you discribe yours is. The only difference was the water wetter.

MY DREAM

Established Member
Thanks man! I am going to do this as well. If you dont mind me asking how much did it cost you for all the coolant and water wetter? How many jugs of coolent needed? and how many bottles of wetter?

James

S/CCobra03

Established Member
I bought everything from Advance autoparts. The water wetter was around $6.00 and the coolent was $8.00. Also you will need a gallen of distilled water $.97(any grocery store has it). So total cost you are looking at around $15. You only need one bottle of water wetter for the engine coolent and one gallen of coolent. Like I said earlier, I also put it in the HE coolent so I used one bottle of W.W. for that too. I didn't really think it would make that much of a difference but my temp gauge says it does!

Users who are viewing this thread