water temp guage sender location

98cobradan

Established Member
best place to hook that up. i have the sender that needs a bung drilled in someone where?? or is there another way to do it without drilling?

white97svt

Established Member
he cant just use that one because if he unplugs the wire harness he will get a check engine light. i have seen where people have drilled their coolant fill cap on the crossover tube and tapped it for the sending unit. there is really no way around it, you either have to drill and tap or drill and weld.

MouTine

Established Member
Btw... The thread of filler plug in crossover tube is M22x1.5 if you want to make all new plug.

I wouldn't ruin that plug. I would drill a hole to that crossover tube somewhere and make a sensor spot there.

COBRA97SVT

Established Member
i just installed mine and i put it in the drivers side head. Its right next to the last freeze plug on the bottom side. You will need an allen wrench to remove. This is the plug you remove to flush your coolant, so that might not be a bad idea while you are in there.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
On 5 liters, there is a plug that comes off from the passenger side of the block, that is where I have mine, but the 4.6's may be different.

98cobradan

Established Member
i just installed mine and i put it in the drivers side head. Its right next to the last freeze plug on the bottom side. You will need an allen wrench to remove. This is the plug you remove to flush your coolant, so that might not be a bad idea while you are in there.

can ya get to it from under the vehicle or throught the top?

COBRA97SVT

Established Member
jack the car up and its right there on the side of the head. its pretty easy to find. right next to the last freeze plug. if you need anything else let me know..

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member

That's where I have mine. It's easy to get to, out of the way, and in a location such that you don't have any extra/uneccesary wires running around your engine bay.

Users who are viewing this thread