Water Temp Gauge Install Question

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Hey I was just wondering if anyone has installed a Water Temp Gauge and Sensor in an 05 GT, and if so where did you put the Sensor and what size adapter did you use to install it. Thanks in advance.

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
If its an aftermarket gauge (I'm assuming), then you can try what I did with my 1999 Ford Mustang. I am also going to assume that it is an electric gauge. Here's what I did: I took out the block drain plug off of the drivers side. It is a allen-head/Hex type plug, it is a newer car so it shouldn't be too hard to remove. Be careful because when you take out that plug hot radiator fluid will be coming out. Now the gauges usually come with an adapter or two. Try to find the adapter that fits the hole/thread pattern. Put some loc-tight on the threads and tighten it up. There will be a stud at the end of the adapter with, usually, two nuts on it allowing you to fold the wire into a horseshoe shape and connect the wire by tightening it down onto it. For the wire passage, either go through the firewall (takes time and effort) or you can do what I did. I passed the wire through the wheel well, through the inside of the fender, into the rubber wire protector on the inside of your door(s), then ran it behind the kick panel, up behind the weatherstiping. Once you get it into the car then you can decide to go where ever you want it. Thats the cheap way, you will probably see the wire on the inside of the door, and might pinch it in the door also. I never has a problem with pinching. Hope this helped!!!!!

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
I am pretty sure about your cobra. The new '05 I am not too sure... as long as the blocks havent changed too much then it should work. Just look for that drain plug

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I already make an Adapter that fits the 03-04 Crossover Tube Plug and I looked under the hood of a GT a while back and saw a similar Plug in it's cooling system. What I would like to know is the Crossover Tube Plug in an 03-04 Cobra the same thread as the Cooling System Plug in an 05 GT?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread