Water sucked into CAI?

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
People keep saying they don't want a fenderwell CAI because they don't want water sucked into the intake when it's raining. Has anyone actually had this happen, or is it just an urban legend? I have a friend with an Acura who destroyed his engine with a CAI, but he did it by driving into a flooded section of street deep enough to completely submerge the filter.

Brad

Banned
Sanchez said:
People keep saying they don't want a fenderwell CAI because they don't want water sucked into the intake when it's raining. Has anyone actually had this happen, or is it just an urban legend? I have a friend with an Acura who destroyed his engine with a CAI, but he did it by driving into a flooded section of street deep enough to completely submerge the filter.

You'd have to drive into a deep puddle for that to happen, the fender is blocked off well enough to keep rain out.

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
One time it was raining hard here and i was at a gas station putting in my 100 octane and i was there for a while because i was loading up on a few hundred dollars worth. When i was leaving the puddles at the exits were so high that it wasnt funny. I put my car in reverse gave it a lot of gas and jumped out the exit. LOL It was like 3 in the morning so no one was around. ****ed up my tips! But i ended up buying new ones. When your going through something like that just stick the clutch in. Or they make this filter holder that somehow does not let any water in. Like NONE! They test it on a car and stick the filter in a bucket on water and rev the car. Not one drop gets into it.

Users who are viewing this thread