Water pumps?

supragod98

Established Member
So my T-bird is having a pretty shitty day today. First I hear this god awfull squealing sound coming from the engine. So I get to work and didnt get a chance to take a look. After work I am ready to leave get in the car and start er up. I hear all this other noise and then no squeal, so I shut er down and take a look. Belt shreded and came right off and was just hanging there. I go to take a closer look and the water pump pulley is loose and looks like coolent was spewing out.

So know I need to replace my water pump and belt. I want to know if I should go with a standard replacement or should I look at getting a cobra pump or something? Will a cobra pump even work? Any ideas before I go and get a stock replacement?

Little J's 5.4

Established Member
Normally a stock pump will do the trick. But with your engine (looking at your signature) I would consider an Evans Pump #EP3513R Ford 4.6 L 1996-2000 Mustang, 8 vane 4.0" O.D. aluminum impeller, 3/4" ball / roller bearing.
:idea:

guitar maestro

Established Member
the R-605 casting from the 01+ Romeo 4.6s is a bit better than stock....i got mine from an '04 Mustang GT.......features a closed vane impeller for better coolant flow, and shouldnt cost that much more than a stock replacement, seeing as how it is a standard ford part.....you WILL need the pulley that goes along with it, since the pump is shorter than stock, so cant use the stock pulley on it.......the absolute best would be the Evans pump though, but that runs about $160, where as a typical 4.6 water pump is around $65

Users who are viewing this thread