water pump/ service manual

seattleswimboy

Established Member
Hello, first post on here.
I just bought a 2003 svt cobra with 37,xxx miles. I got a great deal on it but it has a few issues. The waterpump is leaking so I bought a Stewart pump. Now I just need to figure out how to install it and what all needs to be removed to even get to it. I have searched and searched for a install write up or service manual but have had no luck. The last thread for the service manual was dated 2011 and the link no longer works.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Silverboost

Established Member
you need to remove the supercharger belt, then the pulley bridge in front of the water pump...then it should be just a couple of bolts to pop it out....pretty easy deal...

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
I just got done doing this the other day, this is what I had to do. Every car is different.

I removed the tensioner and the super charger belt, then both coolant tanks, then the fan (so I had clearance to put the beaker bar on the lower crank). Next I got the pulley bridge out, left the power steering just unbolted it to push it out of the way. then the regretted lower, Take the lower crank off (search for the jack method) that's what I used and worked great (it's a 14mm Allen). Then pull the inner belt off and then you have access to the water pump, remove the pulley and then the pump. Then start putting everything back.
I replaced the inner belt while I had everything taken apart. And cleaned everything and cleaned the timing cover.

Note that the lower crank only needs to be removed if it the factory one, aftermarket don't need to be cause they don't have the cage attached

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread