Water problem!

COBRA2NV

Established Member
Great site guys! 1st post so I hope you can help me. I've had the car sometime now, drive it on nice days and about three weeks ago I stopped by a friends place and notice some antifreeze under the car when I can out, so popped the hood and looked like the overflow tank had antifreeze sitting on it and had leaked all down the fan to the ground. At this time it looked like a 1'' low from the line. Now I'm driving home and I hear the streeing making a noise when I turn. Last Tuesday I take the car to ford and have them look at the problems and told to go ahead a change the antifreeze after they fix the problem. The dealer tells me that they didn't see anything leaking ,change the antifreeze and drove the car and see anything. Ford also fix the steering that is a recall that they don't send out and they went ahead fix anoughter recall to do with the gas pedal gething stuck when you push to the floor. Drove the car home no leaks 23 miles for dealer. Drove the car saturday to store 18 mile from home when I came out more antifreeze. Sorry for the long story. Thanks for any info car has about 6200 miles on it.

04 COBRA CONVERT SILVER

Juruense

Banned
Mine was doing something very similar and it turned out to be a stuck thermostat. Unfortunately, mine eventually overheated on the side of the road and had to be flat-bedded to a SVT dealership :(

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
COBRA2NV said:
Ford also fix the steering that is a recall that they don't send out and they went ahead fix anoughter recall to do with the gas pedal gething stuck when you push to the floor.

there is no such thing as a "recall that they don't send out"

gas pedal fix is the only recall

speeddemon2000

Established Member
First off you have a digital temp gauge that can be access by holding down the odometer button.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm

This will tell you the exact temp your running at. Keep a close eye on this guage. If you are not overheating then I would look for oil in the coolant and coolant in the oil. If both of those are negative then you most likely you have a problem with your cap or tank. I bought a different cap from Autozone and haven't had a problem since. I have got about 20k miles on my car since then. The Autozone cap tighten downs tighter maybe this is a problem but the engine doesn't overheat or leak.

Users who are viewing this thread