water on floor

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
over the past 2 weeks i have been noticing the floor behind the passenger seat where it joins the vertical part of the rear seats has been getting wet and holding water, no idea where its coming from, only happens when its raining. last time i dried it out and put a hose to the trunk drains for about 40 mins and there was no water on the floor, i surrounded the area with dry microfiber cloths thinking that if the water were coming from the door or something that the cloths would hold the water. i left it overnight and the next day while i was at work (it rained for about 11hrs throughout that time) and checked on my way to the gym... towels were dry floor was wet again, car hadn't moved since i dried the floor. I'm at a loss any ideas? where the hell its coming in from?

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Where should I check? Like I said I ran water through the drains on the top of the trunk for over half an hour and it was dry

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
How much water?

Enough that the carpet looks wet, if I touch it my fingers are wet aswell, posting pic in a second

133EA110-131E-4C43-839E-DE109DF0E22A-164-0000000BD029C8A3_zps7fb0bcc6.jpg

Water stops where the coins are sitting

Last edited:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I had a car in collage that had a leak somewhere along the back window / truck seal area and when it would rain my back floor would get soaked. I tried everything I could to find the source but could not locate it and ended up just drilling a couple holes in the floorboard to let it drain out.

I would definitely take it into the Dealership and have them find the problem, fix it and any rust damage that may have started between panels or along the floor pan.

SixPak

Established Member
My guess is the drain hose coming from the A/C unit is either plugged up or has come loose. Get some compressed air, get underneath the car and find the drain line and give it a blast of air. Find where the hose connects to your A/C evaporator and make sure it's connected. Most likely passenger side floorboard area behind the glove box.
If the hose is dislodged or plugged up, water will run into the car when it rains through the air inlet for the Heating/AC system.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

slow06

Established Member
My car is currently at ford for the same issue (2012 5.0). They said it was a body plug behind the pedals/firewall. I guess it had been leaking for around 2 weeks before I noticed it. It was running around the side of the driver seat and settling to the back passenger floor area. You can also check the cowl area to see if it is blocked.

We had a massive down pour and the next day I noticed a bad musty smell. I checked around the floor board and it was soaked, front/back of the driver side. They have had my car almost a week trying to dry out the carpets and installing new A arms for the tsb.

I am glad it is still under ford warranty though. If your car is under warranty take it to the dealer and have them deal with it. Also have them set you up in a rental car as it will take them a couple of days to get straightened out.

Last edited:

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Checked the cowl drains on both sides , they were clean and working right, also checked ac it was connected. pulled part of the carpet up front and it was dry underneath the dash, water seems like it's coming thru mid door area, gonna call dealership tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion

slow06

Established Member
Np, hopefully they can find it and correct the problem. I should be able to pick up my mustang tomorrow sometime.

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
So they found the problem, the "cause" is bullshit but w/e... The seam at back if the floor pan had started to come apart, the dealership claims it's due to aftermarket uca and lca... Car hasn't seen a sub 1.6 60', highly doubt I pulled the seam apart but atleast it's getting fixed

5lho

Established Member
Maybe I should check mine, hehe...what'd they think they do factory, put it in with hot glue? It's a structural component...idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread