water on electrodes

masonstang

Established Member
Hey Van how aare things some of the guy's i know told me to ask you. I go by masonstang on the svt website. Would you mind reading my post about this issue because i do not know what else to try and the issue i am having is driving me nuts. I have changed plugs. i have had 2 sets of 72 lb injectors thinking i was not getting enough fuel i have changed the back 2 coil overs cleaned the maf sensor the car was tuned a week ago last friday when i came home after a few days started it up started at a rough idle and when you give it the gas and hold it around 2000 rpm it starts sputtering. I had put on the new whipple 2.9 i have 3.25 upper and 10%lower 127 jlt,bassani 3" from stock headers to rear axle, corsa extreme axle back. I ran it through an automated care wash after tune bu the car was doing this prior to tune. I hade the tb re calibrated fr twin 65mm. I have tried everything i know to do. Do you think i should try new 02 sensors. i'm not getting any engine lights. i also installed a kb dual bap. if the sc belt slipped could this have thrown the tune off. any help would be appreciated because i have already spent alot of money trying to figure this out. thank you
tim ballew
SSG US ARMY

Van@RevanRacing

Hey Van how aare things some of the guy's i know told me to ask you. I go by masonstang on the svt website. Would you mind reading my post about this issue because i do not know what else to try and the issue i am having is driving me nuts. I have changed plugs. i have had 2 sets of 72 lb injectors thinking i was not getting enough fuel i have changed the back 2 coil overs cleaned the maf sensor the car was tuned a week ago last friday when i came home after a few days started it up started at a rough idle and when you give it the gas and hold it around 2000 rpm it starts sputtering. I had put on the new whipple 2.9 i have 3.25 upper and 10%lower 127 jlt,bassani 3" from stock headers to rear axle, corsa extreme axle back. I ran it through an automated care wash after tune bu the car was doing this prior to tune. I hade the tb re calibrated fr twin 65mm. I have tried everything i know to do. Do you think i should try new 02 sensors. i'm not getting any engine lights. i also installed a kb dual bap. if the sc belt slipped could this have thrown the tune off. any help would be appreciated because i have already spent alot of money trying to figure this out. thank you
tim ballew
SSG US ARMY

Tim

I was at the track racing yesterday and just got home.

I think we need to start with an idle data log of the car. We will need a laptop computer and we will also need to download livelink from SCT's website. We need to review and look at some specific parameters.

batt_voltage
short term fuel trims bank 1 and bank 2
ect
iat
iat2
spark
rpm

These are just a few as an example.

Before I make any further suggestions have you done a compression test on the engine? If you've blown everything out of the cylinders and cleaned them out thoroughly and water is returning I would recommend a compression test.

Van

Users who are viewing this thread