Water/Methanol injection

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
5.4 speedster said:
i have seen what 50/50 mix will do first hand. it will corrode aluminum parts

It was greater than 50/50 then. My intake, TB, and tubing are all Aluminum. and so arn't most other peoples. No one I have seen using 50/50 have had any problems with corrosion.

-Chip-

You Better Come Correct!
Established Member
There is NO reason a 50/50 mix will corrode. Chances are they starting getting gready and starting running 70/30 and better. This will start the corrosion very rapidly.

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
Methanol as an aftermarket fuel? I don't think so. They left out one little part: Where do you get all the wood needed to supply the entire automobile market? I'm guessing there isn't enough surface area on the planet to make this possible. Nice idea, but very flawed.

The rest of it was very interesting.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
I dont know what to tell you. Been using 50/50 for 2 years now. along with a couple friends. one has had it 5 years. 50/50 won't do it. If your speaking from second hand experience how do you really know?

-Chip-

You Better Come Correct!
Established Member
type911 said:
I dont know what to tell you. Been using 50/50 for 2 years now. along with a couple friends. one has had it 5 years. 50/50 won't do it. If your speaking from second hand experience how do you really know?
You don't, because generally when it's second hand you'll have to assume that only 70 percent of it's the truth. The other 30 is the bullshit, there you have the 70/30 mix that causes the corrosion. :)

5.4 speedster

Banned
1) just because the car is not mine means I don't know firsthand??
I was there when he installed the kit. Shit, I mixed the 1st batch myself. The owner of the car continued to use 50/50 until he had the heads pulled for a cam swap. After looking at the corrosion on the heads he stopped using the juice and took the kit off. I have no reason to lie about this. The car is a beautiful 03 cobra with quite a few mods

Last edited:

-Chip-

You Better Come Correct!
Established Member
No one says your lying man. And if you have first hand evidence by mixing it yourself then there's no doubt about it. All I am saying is the internals won't corrode from methanol additives with a 50/50 mixture. Most is burned before it touches the valves. He may have had other issues with various other additives he may used in the past. Also, I'm not sure why he pulled his heads to change the cams, but that's doing it the HARD way. The beauty of the modular motors today is even a cam swap is almost like a bolt on it's so easy to do.

Users who are viewing this thread