water/methanol injection question

kino

Established Member
I am having a larger heat exchanger installed on my car along with the Apten cooling mod. My old set up consisted of a 3.10 uper and 6 lb lower but I am changing that out to a 2.93 upper only. Right now i have been entertaining the idea of installing Snow Performance's water/methanol injection kit on to my car. I'm curious if it would be worth it and would like to hear anybody else's opinions on it.

YGETV8

Established Member
I have read that a few Lightning guys have used it and have deteriorated their rotors (or rotor coating?). It was recommended that it be injected below the blower if it were to be used. I think this may have been with methanol use, which is pretty harsh. I have had GREAT success with good old drug store isopropyl alcohol in my Turbo Regals, I wonder if it would be as hard on parts?

kino

Established Member
Well, i have had alot of bad luck with the upper and lower combo on my car. This is not a condemantion of upper and lower pulleys as I have friends who have them and they got tremendous results. So for the time being I am going back to a single pulley until its time to upgrade the blower.

Users who are viewing this thread