Water- Meth injection?

Wild Stallion

Established Member
Wanted to know who has done it and what are your thoughts on it?
What are the pros and cons? Iwas thinking of doing it but wanted to know more about it.

94cobramike

Established Member
ya you gotta get a low level indicator light or next time on the boost without meth... bad things happen

but you can make good power with it

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
In the new MMFF there is an article on Al Pappito and they show the internals of a motor that has been using Meth Injection. It more / less states the use is better for those hard core racers that will be tearing down their motors so it's effects can be maintained.

94cobramike

Established Member
I use it and my original post states my dyno numbers

I saw a 57 hp increase w it I haven't looked at my internals since I started using it car runs fine I think IF the corrosoive statement is true I guess it would depend on how often your car sees like 4 psi of boost or more... cause that's when most people set it up to kick in. but like I said I haven't opened my engine in about a year

but I am a fan I like the extra power to the wheels :D

Wild Stallion

Established Member
Well I have A VT Built and stroked motor and I put on a whipple running about 12#'s of boost. I am going to upgrade the throttle body to a single blade that whipple now makes for the S-197s and up the boost. Was thinking cams too but that would bring my total bill up to $4k. So I was looking for some extra cheaper power for the moment.

P.s. I want to stay away from the juice(maybe, haha)

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I've been methanol injected for a year now. I've run gallons of the stuff (50% methanol 50% distilled water), never had a moments issue. I jumped from 480 RWHP to 540 RWHP with a little over $400 invested. Then I added an electric water pump and gained another 15 RWHP. In my opinion, it is worth the install!!!!

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
It is Corrosive in quantities greater than 50% 50/50 is safe. I had my intake off after a year just to check for pitting because of all the hype by the ill-informed. It was very clean.

yosemiddysam

03 Cobra Vert 10th Anniv.
Established Member
Crestview Fl. Grew up in the good ole Dub V
Hmmm Interesting. I have been thinking of looking into this as well. I am only concerned about where to mount the huge ass conatiner that it stays in. My trunk has a sub enclosure in it i dont want to change it. We will see. Any more arguements for the pro/con of corrosion.

stang01gt

Established Member
has anyone used just water with these systems, and are there any cons? I know you won't make any extra power but it would cool down the iat's and you wouldnt have to worry about any extra tuning rite?

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
has anyone used just water with these systems, and are there any cons? I know you won't make any extra power but it would cool down the iat's and you wouldnt have to worry about any extra tuning rite?

Water will work fine for bringing up the precieved octane and the meth will also help in the cooling of your IATs. Some guys are just running water.

Mach 1

DSG guarded by a GSD
Established Member
Hmmm Interesting. I have been thinking of looking into this as well. I am only concerned about where to mount the huge ass conatiner that it stays in. My trunk has a sub enclosure in it i dont want to change it. We will see. Any more arguements for the pro/con of corrosion.

Use your window washer resevoir as your tank.

Users who are viewing this thread