Water/Meth injection or E85 fuel

The Beast 2014

Established Member
Forgive me as I am new to all this. I just had an Edelbrock installed and I am very happy with the product. Because I drag the car in temps up to 100 degrees I need a way to lower my IAT's. I was thinking of installing a Water/Meth injection kit or running E85 but I am not sure of a few things.

Do I need a new tune for water/meth? E85?

Can I shut of the water/meth injection during the colder periods when I don't need the lower IAT's because it won't pull timing?

Will headers help lower IAT's by keeping the heat out of the engine?

Any help with this would be appreciated. I am looking for something that isn't too difficult. The idea of having to find E85 fuel is not preferrable because I imagine the tank would be mixed 91 octane and E85 for a little bit.

Thank you

prn1972

Established Member
I assume you mean an Edelbrock supercharger?

Yes you would need a new tune to run water/meth or e85.

E85 is not going to cool your iat ( incoming air temp ). But it will help the engine run cooler.

Water/meth injection can cool your iat & make more power when your tuned for it. I like Alkycontrol.com

Yes you could shut the water/meth off but you would have to flash your previous tune back on that you had before the water/meth.

Headers don't help lower your iat but will increase hp.

Your best bet to lower your iat is a ice intercooler tank, like this http://vmptuning.com/11-50l-cooling/vmp5licetank/

If you can run e85 I would, it will make more power & the engine will run cooler, it's not a big deal to have a little pump gas in the tank when you switch to e85, just run the pump gas down to almost empty then fill up with e85 & flash the e85 tune.

Get a gauge that can monitor iat & iat2, iat is incoming air temp or the outside air, iat2 is the air temp after the supercharger, you may need a sensor in the lower intake to monitor iat2 if you don't have one, but if you iat2 is lower than the iat you know you ice tank or water/meth is working.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread