Water leak on Pass. side

SLVRLTNG

Established Member
I searched and came up with the following:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3992384

2 years ago I had this same problem with a different '02 SVTF. It was fixed I think but I sold the car shortly after.. Last month I bought another '02 SVTF (the evil twin:shrug: maybe) and now this car has the same problem. Has anyone come up with a definitive answer yet?

Last edited:

Cobranator

Established Member
The water came in through the air intake for the heater assembly, the air intake is under the windshield on the passenger side and some Foci had a pollen filter there as standard equipment and some did not in which case you only had a plastic grate there preventing debris from falling in.

And yes there is a simple way to fix the problem. Take the black plastic cowling cover off on the passenger side and have a look on the bottom of it to see if there is a, for lack of a better word, an eavesthrough attached. This cover is there to channel the water away from the air intake/pollen filter so it doesen't get inside. This is the upgraded part that Ford started to use sometimes late in the '02 model year production after the problem became appearent in the earlier models. The earlier cowling covers don't have this cover/eavesthrough on the bottom and therefore the water that runs down from the windshield goes right in the air intake and then runs out of the heater box on the floor inside the car. If you have the one without the cover on the bottom, which I think you do and hence your problem, then you can get a new upgraded one from Ford, or better yet to save money go get one from auto wreckers, I bought one for less than five bucks from those guys.

Users who are viewing this thread