water issue

black396

When my 99 goes thru a carwash (touchless) or heavy, heavy rain, the temp gauge drops to the floor, or close, and the engine misses under acceleration. after a couple of hours of driving, and/or sitting all nite, all is well.
We sent the ECM to some guru, and all was well. &%^#!

Suggestions requested.

Charles

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Sounds like a sensor or electric connector is loose and when it gets wet, it causes a malfunction throwing your truck into limp mode possibly [without a check-engine light].

Trying to think which sensor reads engine temp.... 'cause most sensors on the block are combination of brass & plastic so it's cracking and water/moisture is getting in...

Check the bottom sensor that plugs into the aftermarket air intake tube [or OE airbox, right?]

black396

Sounds like a sensor or electric connector is loose and when it gets wet, it causes a malfunction throwing your truck into limp mode possibly [without a check-engine light].

Trying to think which sensor reads engine temp.... 'cause most sensors on the block are combination of brass & plastic so it's cracking and water/moisture is getting in...

Check the bottom sensor that plugs into the aftermarket air intake tube [or OE airbox, right?]
I like the airbox theory. I will be back on it Tuesday.

Thanks.

CR

Users who are viewing this thread