Watch out GT350, The 1LE SS is coming!

az20115.0

Established Member
So the new 1LE was just announced. I have a feeling, and time will tell off course, the 1LE Camaro may match the GT350s performance in every way.. Maybe after that, all this ADM nonesense will come to an end. I can't stand all the hype that Ford creates around their cars which makes people go insane. IMO, the Ford dealers shouldn't see a dime over sticker price, especially on the none Rs, and if Chevy has to be the one to bring people back down to earth, then so be it. My local dealer has a 350 at 100k over sticker.. thats right, 100k..

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
So you think the gt350 costs $30k more than a simple gt, and have a problem with that ($15-20k) but you are all about the gen 6 Camaro...

So guy put an order for a similarly equipped camaro ss 1le and see where the price ends up.

You'll get 465hp for about $45k. Closer to $50k. And you'll be down 61hp.

But please, go on about how you know what is true value.

FYI, the gt350 is almost as fast as a z28. The new 1le won't be far behind a gt350, but it won't be beating it. And a 350r is still $7-15k less than a z28, so value wise, no comparison.

The hype is justified and patience will allot a gt350 or 350r at invoice or sticker. Just can't run in and scream gimme gimme without expecting people to manipulate supply and demand.

The first 1le's will also sell over sticker. It's called economics and businesses know how to manipulate them for a profit.

And overhype? Please. GM released bogus videos of the zl1 running 11's on drag radials, running 7:40 at the ring in a modded zl1, on and on.

Hype he says. Oh, like "it's been benchmarked with a gt3 and was as fast as the gt3." And they had proof. Or "it will be loved by people who drive it" and it wins a lot of best drivers car accolades and comparisons against many higher dollar cars because it's a great drivers car.

Oh let's not forget a few people actually have gotten these things in the 11's already in private hands, and just a day ago, news came up of the voodoo mill holding 830whp pretty admirably.

Oh, it's also not going to lose its value like gm products do. Let's see, a 2006-2015 z06 has lost more value than a 2007-2014 gt500, it's laughable how quickly gm hi-po cars lose value compared to svt/fp products.

Last edited:

az20115.0

Established Member
you can get the z28 around 50k or a little more all day long, which is faster than the 350..

So you think the gt350 costs $30k more than a simple gt, and have a problem with that ($15-20k) but you are all about the gen 6 Camaro...

Read what I said. Did I ever say anything about a GT? Did I say anything about the sticker price of the 350? I was talking about Dealer Mark Ups, not MSRP! I am not about gen 6 camaro or any camaro.. just pointing out some interesting things so don't get your panties in a bunch..

OOOO.. 11S.. WOW.. My 2011 ran 11s with bolt ons on 91 octane. boss 302s were known to run 11s with just tires

anyway, dont get too excited there bmw cobra guy, no one said the 350 was a bad car especially me. They are great at sticker price.. I was merely talking about people going nuts over these cars paying tens of thousands of $$ over sticker

Last edited:

AZBOSS

Established Member
Off to a great start already...

ANYWAYS the new 1LE looks like it has the goods and definitely the lower weight now on the Alpha platform. Should be quite the face-off.
I hope it does drive this ADM BS down.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member

ANYWAYS the new 1LE looks like it has the goods and definitely the lower weight now on the Alpha platform. Should be quite the face-off.

I don't think the 1LE or whatever will weigh much less, if any, than the GT350. Bigger tires, bigger wheels, bigger brakes, plus a few more things I'm sure. It's going to be close to gaining 100lbs., which is GT350 tech or track pack weight. I think it will likely be dead even in performance with the GT350 though. It still isn't as interesting, and I don't see it killing any demand for the Shelby. Nobody except car guys even know what an SS with 1LE package is, but everyone knows what a Shelby is.

I know it all depends on what you like,but I went and checked out a 2016 1SS the other day. The interior seems much less cramped than the 5G, but you may as well remove the back glass for weight reduction. I would NOT be comfortable driving that car in Dallas traffic. So, that alone kills it for me. Other than that, I like the car. GM did a great job with it.

Cvialp5901

Established Member
So the new 1LE was just announced. I have a feeling, and time will tell off course, the 1LE Camaro may match the GT350s performance in every way.. Maybe after that, all this ADM nonesense will come to an end. I can't stand all the hype that Ford creates around their cars which makes people go insane. IMO, the Ford dealers shouldn't see a dime over sticker price, especially on the none Rs, and if Chevy has to be the one to bring people back down to earth, then so be it. My local dealer has a 350 at 100k over sticker.. thats right, 100k..
The Gt350 is special car with a special engine and it's a shelby too, so it will hold its value overtime vs a run of the mill SS with 1le Package. The new camaro definitely brought it this gen and it may even beat the gt350 for 1 lap, but that's where it will end for the 1le.

az20115.0

Established Member

Thank you.. Thats all I was saying.. At MSRP the 350s are great.. at 70 or 80 grand its just ridiculous

az20115.0

Established Member
The Gt350 is special car with a special engine and it's a shelby too, so it will hold its value overtime vs a run of the mill SS with 1le Package. The new camaro definitely brought it this gen and it may even beat the gt350 for 1 lap, but that's where it will end for the 1le.

I dont think the 350 will loose for one lap necessarily but I think they will be very close and it will probably be a drivers race. Whether its one lap or more is dependent on tires and brakes and I think they will be evenly matched in those areas so I dont see your 1 lap logic.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
you can get the z28 around 50k or a little more all day long, which is faster than the 350..

Read what I said. Did I ever say anything about a GT? Did I say anything about the sticker price of the 350? I was talking about Dealer Mark Ups, not MSRP! I am not about gen 6 camaro or any camaro.. just pointing out some interesting things so don't get your panties in a bunch..

OOOO.. 11S.. WOW.. My 2011 ran 11s with bolt ons on 91 octane. boss 302s were known to run 11s with just tires

anyway, dont get too excited there bmw cobra guy, no one said the 350 was a bad car especially me. They are great at sticker price.. I was merely talking about people going nuts over these cars paying tens of thousands of $$ over sticker

Are you dense? You said that just yesterday on the thread about the whipple gt350 making 830whp.

"Bla bla bla crap crap crap pay $30k more to run 2psi less when you make it a drag car bla bla crap crap..."

Ok, so a 3 year old car that was waaaaaaaaaaaaay over hyped by gm, and sold for huge markups when brand new is fine now because they sat on lots and sell for 33% less now, but a properly priced ford product that is obviously highly desired and lives up to its hype needs to be bastardized and disrespected because dealers are marking them up. The stupidity of this view point blows my mind.

And tt335ci was because I had a twin turbo 333ci 5.4 4v swapped in my 03 cobra, hence it being one name without breaks or pauses. I have a 323ci 5.3 now. I'm not rich and fancy enough to 'fford me ona dem der fancy bmadoublyou's. They'd be so many money's id a never be able a pay it off

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
I don't think the 1LE or whatever will weigh much less, if any, than the GT350. Bigger tires, bigger wheels, bigger brakes, plus a few more things I'm sure. It's going to be close to gaining 100lbs., which is GT350 tech or track pack weight. I think it will likely be dead even in performance with the GT350 though. It still isn't as interesting, and I don't see it killing any demand for the Shelby. Nobody except car guys even know what an SS with 1LE package is, but everyone knows what a Shelby is.

I know it all depends on what you like,but I went and checked out a 2016 1SS the other day. The interior seems much less cramped than the 5G, but you may as well remove the back glass for weight reduction. I would NOT be comfortable driving that car in Dallas traffic. So, that alone kills it for me. Other than that, I like the car. GM did a great job with it.

Anybody else wondering why they went with 20" wheels? Seems odd.

The icey hotness.

But you are are 100% right, even if it is dead even with the GT350, totally different car and wont detract from GT350 sales one bit. Wont get nearly as much attention either. In the 100 miles Ive driven my car ive had multiple people try to race me, stop at lights to ask about it, etc etc

And the motor...THE MOTOR. HP figures aside, the sound and rev characteristics of the voodoo is an intangible that is only fully understood once you drive the car

Last edited:

az20115.0

Established Member
Are you dense? You said that just yesterday on the thread about the whipple gt350 making 830whp.

"Bla bla bla crap crap crap pay $30k more to run 2psi less when you make it a drag car bla bla crap crap..."

Ok, so a 3 year old car that was waaaaaaaaaaaaay over hyped by gm, and sold for huge markups when brand new is fine now because they sat on lots and sell for 33% less now, but a properly priced ford product that is obviously highly desired and lives up to its hype needs to be bastardized and disrespected because dealers are marking them up. The stupidity of this view point blows my mind.

And tt335ci was because I had a twin turbo 333ci 5.4 4v swapped in my 03 cobra, hence it being one name without breaks or pauses. I have a 323ci 5.3 now. I'm not rich and fancy enough to 'fford me ona dem der fancy bmadoublyou's. They'd be so many money's id a never be able a pay it off

Sounds like your the dense one or just a troll.. I didnt mention the GT on this thread, because this thread has nothing to do with the GT. Who ever said that GM selling anything over sticker is fine? Who is disrespecting the GT350? You dont have a mind to be blown.. I know what I said about the supercharging the GT350 and was questioning why people were so amazed that it made that much power, but what the hell does that have to do with the GT350 vs 1LE argument and dealer mark ups? I don't give a shit about your stupid arguments on how GM does it too or whatever.. Maybe we should talk about Ferraris too while were at it.. I was just pointing out that paying 20k over sticker for a car that has a close competitor makes no sense and ruins it for everyone else who thinks that the new shelbys are great at MSRP so I am excited about the fact that the 1LE may just bring this frenzy to an end.. WTF are you talking about? Your incoherent arguments make no sense and have nothing to do with this thread

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
It's a shame that people can't really test drive the GT350. I bet it would be even more popular. I can't imagine anyone test driving both a GT350 and a 1LE, and choosing the 1LE. Unless the price difference is just too much for them to get past, of course. Or if they're a hardcore Chevy fan, which would probably keep them from test driving a GT350 anyway.

Last edited:

az20115.0

Established Member
I think when you become a diehard brand supporter you miss out on a lot.. Drive it? My local dealer wouldn't even start it or open the door.. its a ****ing joke.. They treat it like they it bugatti or something..

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I was just pointing out that paying 20k over sticker for a car that has a close competitor makes no sense and ruins it for everyone else who thinks that the new shelbys are great at MSRP so I am excited about the fact that the 1LE may just bring this frenzy to an end..

Two cars being close performance competitors is usually utterly meaningless relative to the prices the cars trade at.

az20115.0

Established Member
2 cars in the same category fighting for the same market share, marketed as performance cars which have been known as two of the closest competitors for 50 years, and performance doesn't matter whether one warrants and extra 20 grand or not? I dont see the logic..

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the 1LE beats the GT350. While it is down on horsepower, and while the GT350 does have a fantastic suspension set up, the suspension geometry and everything on the new SS really is some pretty trick stuff... It will be one hell of a showdown either way.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
2 cars in the same category fighting for the same market share, marketed as performance cars which have been known as two of the closest competitors for 50 years, and performance doesn't matter whether one warrants and extra 20 grand or not? I dont see the logic..

Ok, explain to me why a 458 Speciale and a 650S, often roughly MSRP $330k, same segment, similar performance, one trades at $50-75k over MSRP, one at $75-100k below.

People buy cars for more than the numbers on a sheet.

AZBOSS

Established Member

Agree with you on all of that. Also I still don't care for the interior layout, despite the improvements in the Camaro's interior design since the 5th generation car.

Users who are viewing this thread