wastegated paxton/v3 setup results?

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
really been debating on turbo vs centri, but since the release of the gated setups for the paxton/v3 setup i havent seen much in the way of how its helped tq and real world track results.... does anyone have more info? i like the centris bc of ease of install, reliablity and bang for the buck, but i LOVE a turbo setup, so im tryin to get the leg work research done. whose all made the swap from centri to turbo or vice versa and whats ur thoughts? same with going to a gated centri setup.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Beefcake has a lot of testing with it with dyno results and track times. Says its good for around 80rwtq and .4/4-5 mph

notchy444

Established Member
I had a Paxton 2200sl with a boss intake and e85 with the beefcake Wastegate set to 10 lbs. I have dyno graphs of it before and after as well. I ended up switching to a turbo in the end due to lack luster torque and a boring power band. The end result speaks for it self.

Graph is of my car with the Paxton, e85, 10 lbs vs a 75mm CPR turbo kit 10 lbs Same car same Dyno...

turbovstorquebooster_zps6d21706d.png

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I will post my result in about a month reason I got mine is to try to spice it up. I think the obvious choice is turbo but I went simple since it's a stock motor.

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I had a Paxton 2200sl with a boss intake and e85 with the beefcake Wastegate set to 10 lbs. I have dyno graphs of it before and after as well. I ended up switching to a turbo in the end due to lack luster torque and a boring power band. The end result speaks for it self.

Graph is of my car with the Paxton, e85, 10 lbs vs a 75mm CPR turbo kit 10 lbs Same car same Dyno...

turbovstorquebooster_zps6d21706d.png

Holy crap that's a lot of power! Is it a dyno queen or do you have some ET slips to show?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
on a stock intake, 3.8 Paxton pulley, our setup picked us about about .35 and 5mph

with a full e85 fuel system, we should have no problem getting into the 9.8 range on the stock engine

92fiveohfox

Established Member
on a stock intake, 3.8 Paxton pulley, our setup picked us about about .35 and 5mph

with a full e85 fuel system, we should have no problem getting into the 9.8 range on the stock engine

Is that the plans for that car? Can't wait to see the results!

FiveSlow

Established Member
What color spring did you guys run to cap the blower at 10psi? Seems to be a big secret.

PC03GT

Established Member
Yup, no more e85 in delaware, it sucks. I was going to do oil pump gears and pulley down with e85 but I just have to settle for 93

Users who are viewing this thread