Wastegated Centri

D1SC_GT

Banned
Im seriously considering pulley-ing down and wastegating my D1SC. However, someone informed me that this would result in a tuning nightmare.

Setup:
02 GT
-04 Termi longblock
-Mach 1 intake
-Procharger D1SC w/ 3.25"
-ATI 15% OD crank

The blower will discharge downward towards driver-side fender, hit my Big Red BOV, enter FMIC, exit FMIC on pass-side *THIS IS WHERE I PLAN ON MOUNTING THE WASTEGATE*, travel up through pass fender into slot-style HPX blow-though MAF, and finally into the TB.

As long as the air measured by the MAF is what is entering the intake then there really shouldn't be any problems tuning.....correct?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Im seriously considering pulley-ing down and wastegating my D1SC. However, someone informed me that this would result in a tuning nightmare.

Setup:
02 GT
-04 Termi longblock
-Mach 1 intake
-ATI 15% OD crank

The blower will discharge downward towards driver-side fender, hit my Big Red BOV, enter FMIC, exit FMIC on pass-side *THIS IS WHERE I PLAN ON MOUNTING THE WASTEGATE*, travel up through pass fender into slot-style HPX blow-though MAF, and finally into the TB.

As long as the air measured by the MAF is what is entering the intake then there really shouldn't be any problems tuning.....correct?

I don't understand what the wastegate would do for you? Afraid of too much pressure with a smaller pulley and thus protection issue for the engine?

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member

Setup:
02 GT
-04 Termi longblock
-Mach 1 intake
-ATI 15% OD crank

I don't understand what the wastegate would do for you? Afraid of too much pressure with a smaller pulley and thus protection issue for the engine?

Pulley blower down and make ALOT more average hp and tq while bleeding off excess pressure.

My Procharged Coyote has the discharge pipe, wastegate, big red bov, intercooler with maf, and then pipe to throttle body. As long as its pre MAF I don't see it being an issue?

ibleedblue65

Established Member
I've never tuned a set up like this but I would think it should work.
Few notes

You're going to significantly increase iats depending on how much you pulley it. Also, make sure the wastegate is far from the maf as to not cause turbulence around it. And you're going to want a large bypass.

Also, it takes more power to turn the blower at higher speeds so keep that in mind as well.

Last edited:

D1SC_GT

Banned
How far is it firm the waste gate to maf? You may get some turbulence in pipe, creating maf wash. I put a treadstone honeycomb screen in the pipe going up to maf and it eliminated the low end issues I had.

May not be an issue for you, but thought I would mention it.

www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=68172

Im thinking immediately following the blower discharge.

Cheap insurance. I'll pick one up!

I've never tuned a set up like this but I would think it should work.
Few notes

You're going to significantly increase iats depending on how much you pulley it. Also, make sure the wastegate is far from the maf as to not cause turbulence around it. And you're going to want a large bypass.

Also, it takes more power to turn the blower at higher speeds so keep that in mind as well.

Im not concerned about IAT's. I've got a pretty big FMIC that has been working GREAT.

Im not bypassing, Im dumping.....open Big Red BOV

robert presti

Established Member
That sounds like something I might do. All I found is that you still want it referenced to vacuum so the supercharger isn't being worked to hard all the time and creating to much heat. The self contained oil system might be more prone to problems with this, but that's just a guess. Air flow is air flow to the MAF. You just can NOT use a blow off if your using a draw through configuration. If your tune is scaled or ignores the MAF at a point due to limitations I can see where tuning might become complicated. More if you try to very boost.

robert presti

Established Member

There are so many reasons why the blow off valve would be nice. I'm not sure how good electronic things offered are, but you could have boost by gear/speed . No need to buy a bunch of pulleys to get exact boost. This would work great for daily drivers that switch between E85 (or race fuel) and regular pump gas as well.

Users who are viewing this thread