Wastegate configuration options with electronic boost controller

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
ok, just making sure.

i have 9lb springs in mine, and ACCIDENTALLY saw 21lbs in houston....

motor held, so stress test complete. lol.

Brezick

Established Member
I just setup my TT kit. I used an e-boost 2 with 2 three port solenoids and run them exactly like it states in the manual. Turbo port to the front of solenoid, bottom of wastegate to side of solenoid and vent the other side of soleniod and vent top port on wastegate. The Hellion kit come with dual 3psi springs, and I am only trying to get 7-8lbs so i just kept this way. I figured when i wanted 10+ psi, I was either going to try and plumb the top port of wastegate to the solenoid also or change springs.

SMOKIN 02

Established Member
This is exactly how I have mine hooked up. I also have the very light springs that came with my Hellion kit. SP1 value set to 0, I see 4.5---5.5 psi based on DA that day. I have had ZERO problems turning the SP value up to 10 psi, 15psi, or 20psi. The selinoids that came with my Eboost 2 seem to be VERY dynamic. More SP value, more boost, every time. I have not found the limit of the light 4.5lb spring. Every car will vary. Your SP set at 38 may produce 15psi, and another car may produce 12 psi using the exact same spring. Point being, I wouldn't go with a stiff spring for fear of not being able to accurately turn it way up.
How did you get 2=4 port solenoids with the Eboost 2. Is there a option on how many ports and how many solenoids that you can order with it?

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
You will be pretty high on the duty cycle. You might want to put a larger spring in there if you want to be certain to get 15psi.

I doubt it. The dual 4 ports have given the car more boost at a lower set point than any 3 port setup I've tried. Depending on which way the 3 ports are hooked up I was able to get lots of boost but a minimum of 16 lbs. Or less peak boost but all the way down to gate spring pressure. Dual 4 ports give the whole range.

I do NOT like having the gates see vacuum. Its very hard on them. Don't take shortcuts. If the compressor cover isn't tapped, well, tap it. It is worth the hassle.

Also don't buy the overpriced Turbosmart solenoids. They're just Mac valves. EBay might be a good source. I get mine from Fiero Fluid Power here in Denver.

Doug1227

Established Member
Cool. I'm gonna hold off on buying the springs until we do the dyno. If I find out I need them, I'll get them later.

Users who are viewing this thread