Waste of money or not, AIRAID intake tube only

SJ-KY

Established Member
I did some testing last night on the dyno with my 16gtauto with a 4in inlet cone filter/ tube combo. With the filter on it lost 4rwhp/19rwtq. Took the filter off an still lost 2rwhp/ 14rwtq.. These #s were base off my complete factory air box assembly/stock tube and stock filter.. I can take the filter out of the factory assembly and it'll pick up 3-4rwhp/2-3rwtq..

SR56

Established Member
I did some testing last night on the dyno with my 16gtauto with a 4in inlet cone filter/ tube combo. With the filter on it lost 4rwhp/19rwtq. Took the filter off an still lost 2rwhp/ 14rwtq.. These #s were base off my complete factory air box assembly/stock tube and stock filter.. I can take the filter out of the factory assembly and it'll pick up 3-4rwhp/2-3rwtq..
Have any results with any of the top CAI pieces?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

2V Terror

Established Member

Do you have any pics of this setup? Was it open under the hood and subject to engine heat? I notice the factory box seems to get air and direct it to where the filter is. Did your cone setup do the same? Because the Airraid simply replaces the tube from the TB to the box. So your test might not have been an exact comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread