Washing the Shelby car cover?

OsirisGT

Established Member
Has any one washed their Shelby cover? I'm dumb and the tires got all kinds of grease / tire shine on the cover. When I take it off i roll the cover up so the crap is all over the underside of the cover now. Has anyone washed thiers or have an idea of what to use to clean this. I already have made up some cardboard i'm gonna put over the wheels when I cover the car now. Any help would be cool, thanks guys.

Shawn

svt2205

Established Member
I'm on my second NOAH cover for my 93 Cobra. First one was damaged in the wash/dry process due to heat. Not sure if it was too hot on the water or the dryer or both. But it didn't fair well...

My recommendation is wash at home vs the laundry mat. Laundry mat washers have more dirt and crap that could become imbedded in your cover. Wash with regular detergent on cold settings with the washer on either the normal or gentle cycle. And when it comes to drying. Air dry only. I hang mine in the basement with the dehumidifier cranked on high with an extra fan blowing air over the cover.

Hope this helps

OsirisGT

Established Member
This is what I found so far...

Full Vehicle, Weathershield Style, For Vehicles W/Spoiler, W/Cobra Logo & Shelby Script
Part Number: 7R3Z-19A412-A
MSRP: $403.34

Constructed of multi-layer, non-woven, breathable material, NOAH¨ covers resist rain, snow, acid rain and bird droppings, and protect your vehicle’s finish from UV rays and door dings. Double-stitched overlapped seams; elastic sewn into the front and rear hems help hold cover in place. Non-scratch grommets can be used with a tie-down rope (included) or a cable and lock (not included). Also available with WeatherShield™ fabric that features the Nextec¨ encapsulation process for excellent protection and compact storage. Silk-screened vehicle logo on front; license plate view window in rear.

Fits:

Ford Mustang 2009 2008 2007

Cover Care:

The easiest way to care for this cover is to hose it off while it's on the car and allow it to air dry. To remove a stain, spray the cover with water, spot mist with Fantastik All-Purpose Cleaner, lightly sponge, thoroughly rinse and allow to air dry on the vehicle. NOAH covers can also be cleaned by a commercial laundromat. Wash using 1/4 cup of Fantastik in warm or cold water in the "Normal" or "Permanent Press" setting. Wash in a machine without an agitator. DO NOT WASH IN HOT WATER. Do not use bleach or fabric softeners. Air dry only. DO NOT put cover in an automatic dryer. DO NOT DRY CLEAN.

Sound good?

Users who are viewing this thread