Washer Nozzle How To?

esoteric781

01 - 2 - 04
Established Member
Hey, anybody have a little how to on how to remove the windshield washer spray nozzle? my passenger side one is not working as well as it should be and i think its just clogged up a little with some wax or something. Anybody out there have any prior knowledge on this little project?

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
I was going to make a joke about him just going to Pep Boys and getting those ricer toy LEDs for his washers, till you stole my thunder.

You WERE joking, right.......if not :lol: :loser:

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
I'm going to guess you will have to pull the underhood fireblanket. There will most likely be clips or tabs that hold the washer nozzles in place.

This is a guess since I'm not near the car and have never pulled the nozzles.

ddurnan

VET ETR
Established Member
Find the washer hose and use some compressed air to blow it out...Don't use a lot of pressure...It doesn't take much...quick free fix

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
OhOneSnake said:
I was going to make a joke about him just going to Pep Boys and getting those ricer toy LEDs for his washers, till you stole my thunder.

You WERE joking, right.......if not :lol: :loser:
I forgot to hit my "sarcasm" smiley.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Yeah whatever!>!>! I remember when we met up out in Goodland so you could see my 99, you were talking about how you got your Cobra "in the Zone" You put 16" rims on it with some spinner hubcaps, APC euro clear tail lights, green neons underneath, lots of WeaponR decals and oh cant forget the LED washer nozzles. j/k Ok Im gonna run and hide now :burnout: :beer:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
I remember when we met up out in Goodland so you could see my 99, you were talking about how you got your Cobra "in the Zone" You put 16" rims on it with some spinner hubcaps, APC euro clear tail lights, green neons underneath, lots of WeaponR decals and oh cant forget the LED washer nozzles.

:eek: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
Yeah whatever!>!>! I remember when we met up out in Goodland so you could see my 99, you were talking about how you got your Cobra "in the Zone" You put 16" rims on it with some spinner hubcaps, APC euro clear tail lights, green neons underneath, lots of WeaponR decals and oh cant forget the LED washer nozzles. j/k Ok Im gonna run and hide now :burnout: :beer:
Spinnaz rule :rockon: Don't forget the magnaflow "farting" cat-back :p

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
lemosley01 said:
I'm going to guess you will have to pull the underhood fireblanket. There will most likely be clips or tabs that hold the washer nozzles in place.

This is a guess since I'm not near the car and have never pulled the nozzles.
they arent on the hood

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
you have to remove the wiper arms, open the hood, pull off a rubber strip at the front of the cowl panel, then there are two clips that hold the front of the cowl panles on...use a small flathead to pop them out...then there are clips attached to the underside of the cowl panel on the windshield side that you have to pop free from the body (about 6-8 of them IIRC)...then you have to be VERY careful in maneuvering the panel from under the hood (i think you have to hold the hood about half closed to work the panel out), off the wiper arm nubs, and from underneath the a-pillar panels....just don't bend it very much at all, or it will crack (i learned the hard way the first time i tried it) and they're NOT cheap...i don't believe you can remove the squirters without removing the panel....good luck...oh, and replacement squirters from ford are almost 10 bucks a piece....

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
VenomousSVT said:
they arent on the hood

Oops! I was thinking of our Santa Fe. Thanks for the correction. I don't believe I've ever used my windshield washers...

Last edited:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Ive never used the windshield washers on my 99 either, I installed a Flexalite 290 ele fan on my ram and removed the washer bottle also took off the winshield wipers altogether. It looks much cleaner without them, same would go for our Cobras if some of us dont drive them in the rain. I still have mine out in the rain often, not by choice though.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
Ive never used the windshield washers on my 99 either, I installed a Flexalite 290 ele fan on my ram and removed the washer bottle also took off the winshield wipers altogether. It looks much cleaner without them, same would go for our Cobras if some of us dont drive them in the rain. I still have mine out in the rain often, not by choice though.

Yep that was me that just posted that up under my brothers log in name. Now Im logged in right. :D

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
VenomousSVT said:
i have used my wipers but not the washer nozzles
Me too. I try not to drive in the rain, but I never have need to use my washers - the car doesn't come out when it's snowing and there's salt on the roads. That's why I have a beater.

I'm not scared to get rain on the car, but it does ruin all of that work I do to clean it :whine:

I think I might have used them once or twice before I got my beater.

Users who are viewing this thread