Was this supposed to happen?

REPCobra10

Established Member
I just ran a Harley Davidson (don't know what kind, but it was a big cruiser looking one). Anyways, we take off normal from the light, so I wasn't expecting a race, then all of a sudden I hear his engine roar to life and revving fast and hard. This little escapade began in mid-1st gear and ended in late-3rd gear with me ahead by around 4-Terminator lengths. My question for you guys is: Was this possible, as I've never run a bike before? Did my car actually rape this bike or was the driver just THE SUCK? He was definitely on it hard but he just kept losing ground to me in my rearview mirror. It was very exciting to say the least, as it was the first bike I've ever run, and it was nice to beat him handily. Anyways, let me know what's up guys. All, take it easy.

Last edited:

phillysrt4

Established Member
REPCobra10 said:
My question for you guys is: Was this possible, as I've never run a bike before? Did my car actually rape this bike or was the driver just THE SUCK?

Yes it is possible. When it comes to outright acceleration and handling, Harleys suck balls compared to their Japanese and Italian counterparts. The 883 has to be bored and stroked pretty hard, along with supporting bolt ons, just to get into the 11's, a territory where some 750 cc bikes from japan are stock.

When it comes to performance and handling, any of the 600cc and up sports bikes from Japan's big 4 will rape anything coming from harley, stock for stock.

If you want performance, buy Japanese or Italian. If you want an image, buy a Harley.

Good kill. well deserved.

Last edited:

REPCobra10

Established Member
Ya, I was just curious because I don't know too much about motorcycle performance statistics and such. It was the first motorcycle I've ever ran, as I've said. By the sounds of it, I shouldn't be too excited though. LOL! Nonetheless, I still had fun pulling on him. I slowed down and was going to give him a thumbs up for a fun run, but he was going a pretty sluggish pace after the beating, so I figured the Hell with it and just kept going on my way. I wonder what he thought afterwards? Maybe he wants to go trade it in on a Japanese sportbike? Anyways, thanks for the props man. Take it easy.

cb94ta

Established Member
I had a Harley springer softail, it was a great ride but it was slow as balls.

REPCobra10

Established Member
cb94ta said:
I had a Harley springer softail, it was a great ride but it was slow as balls.

:lol: So my kill of the Harley was expected it seems! Well I can say I beat a bike with my car and hope nobody asks what kind of bike it was, or I'll have to mumble under my breath...AHH HMMMM, A H-A-R-L-E-Y :bash: Isn't there one type of Harley that has decent speed and acceleration though? Isn't it called the V-Rod or something like that?

Last edited:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
The only Harley combo that's worth anything is one with the new Screaming Eagle 116 CI race motor. A Bud of mine just had one built. Spendy though, 6K and you can only do it by buying the parts from HD Racing. No crate motor available.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
REPCobra10 said:
I just ran a Harley Davidson (don't know what kind, but it was a big cruiser looking one). Anyways, we take off normal from the light, so I wasn't expecting a race, then all of a sudden I hear his engine roar to life and revving fast and hard. This little escapade began in mid-1st gear and ended in late-3rd gear with me ahead by around 4-Terminator lengths. My question for you guys is: Was this possible, as I've never run a bike before? Did my car actually rape this bike or was the driver just THE SUCK? He was definitely on it hard but he just kept losing ground to me in my rearview mirror. It was very exciting to say the least, as it was the first bike I've ever run, and it was nice to beat him handily. Anyways, let me know what's up guys. All, take it easy.

I saw a guy drive on to a 12.9 once at the track. I expected he would be a lot faster.

Users who are viewing this thread