Was I wrong? Damn SUV Drivers!

whip

Established Member
So I'm sitting in a parking lot, shotgun in my girls Xterra, thinking about how much fun we've had in that truck, and actually use it (kayaks, bikes, camping, 4wheeling....) and we were talking about all the soccor moms driving luxo-utes to tote the kids. Just as we say that, this lady pulls up in a suburban, talking on a cell phone, almost takes out our mirror and bumper. Once she finally parks it, she bangs our truck with her door. Now I was anticipating this...so I let her have it....while she was on the phone, and in front of her 14ish yr old child. Now I'll admitt using the (gasp!) "C" word was probably a little overkill, but I wanted to make a point especially since she was still on the phone!!!!

What do you guys think? It really burns me to see people who have no respect for others property. And if she can't drive a burban...go get a station wagon....ya know?

(Ya, my girl was "embarrased" at my display, that made me just as mad!)

Neal

Untouchable
Established Member
could've been handled better. her insurance should cover it (if it even dinged it enough to fix) whether or not you used the c word and made her feel like an idiot, in front of her child no less.

yes I would be pissed too but making an example of someone is not your responsibilty.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I have a nice, heavy "THE CLUB" to handle that problem. :bash:

The passenger window runs around $250. That about covers the paint for my door.:nonono:

oldnfast

approaching ancient
Established Member
Wrong about what?

Absolutely no respect for others. That qualifies her for the "C" club.

14 years old? I guarantee you those ears have heard a LOT worse, and most likely the mouth sharing that same head has SAID a lot worse. I would say that you had only a few seconds to impress upon her that other's property deserves respect (a message obviously not delivered by the mother). Maybe using a word you can hear in a PG rated movie left a small mark on that young brain regarding respect.

RedFireGT

Established Member
Oh if I could have a talk with everyone who's given me a door ding. Ex. one night movie = three door dings in separate places.

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
Originally posted by 03silversnake
what the hell is the "C" word ...really

Yea, rhymes with "runt, stunt and vagina".

Since the disturbing invention of remote control keyfobs to lock/unlock the superglue/broken toothpick in the door lock is ineffective as revenge for door dings. That's why I carry a 3lb. ball peen hammer now.:nono:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I've waited long to see someone even rest their door against mine. It hasn't happened yet, but the day it does, you can bet the second they disappear, they'll be missing a window or some windshield wipers.. Something to make up for the damage they did to my car. I do not condone messing up someones car, but when it's deliberate, it's personal. People have no value in anything that does not belong to them. Like many of you, i work hard to earn the things I have such as my cobra. I'll be damned if I let anyone think they can leave a ding in my door.

modthispny

Established Member
I got one 1 week after I got my car. Right on the rear fender, pretty big too. Damn bastards. ARGH!

SVTCOUPLE

Established Member
You did nothing wrong. Some cu-t in a suburban did 4 grand worth of damage to my last car and just drove off without a care. I just use my foot and make an impression on the door.

ssssnake

Established Member
GET OFF THE DAMN PHONE!!!!!

Some people have a real identity problem - they are nothing unless they have a phone attached to their ear.

Users who are viewing this thread