Was gonna mod but............

sonicblu03

Established Member
Well...my favorite uncle (Uncle Sam) has determined my skills could be used in Korea starting Sep 03. When I leave I will have 19yrs active service, so I will end up doing over 21yrs by the time I can retire :cuss:

Plan was to purchase UPR CAI, Magnaflow catback and the DUB pulley 3.20 system from SFPHQ.

My thought process is:
A...Do the mods, enjoy the performance for the next 10 months before storage time or....
B...Wait till I return Sep 04 then begin the mod process

I think I will do some :beer: over the next few days then make up my mind in time for christmas if I decide (and you fine people talk me into it) to mod or not.

Decisions...Decisions
:shrug:

Mike

03DOHC

Established Member
Why wait until you get back? Have some fun now and when you get back you'll know how much fun is awaiting! Stay safe overseas.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
I'll vote the other way.

I'd wait. By the time you get back, the mods will be much cheaper and all of the comparison testing will be done so you'll know exactly what to get. Plus, there will probably be some new products that are better than those that exist today. So IMHO, I'd wait.

By the way, thanks for serving our great country :thumbsup: and be careful out there.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> Have some fun now

Yup.

> all of the comparison testing will be done so you'll know exactly what to get.

Some mods will likely not undergo any change whatsoever. Like a PRO-5.0 for instance.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Having spent 3yrs in S. Korea already courtesy of the same uncle....I say mod now. That way you'll not spend the money foolishy while you're there......You know what I mean ;-) :beer: ; Ammo bowls tend to rot the brain, white dogs cloud your judgement and who could forget this infamous phrase: "Buy me juicy GI?". Be safe.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
whatever you do , just be safe overseas. Thanks for serving our country. Say hello to Miss Saigon. :beer:

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Originally posted by SoCalBlk03
"Buy me juicy GI?". Be safe.

good one:)

but as a side note, welcome to the PAC FLEET.....
uncle sam is getting another couple years outta ya huh, lol, that seems to be happening to alot of the senior servicemembers here lately, but enjoy your time in korea, we may cross paths at some point in time.

:beer:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Mod now, have some fun before ya go. Being active duty myself for 22 years(2 more to go) the knowledge of what you have to come home to will be an awesome feeling. Homecomings are great and that much better if you have a 2 year old 450rwhp Beast awaiting your arrival with only 1500 miles on it. By the way be sure to have some fun and like Smitty said, welcome to the PAC Fleet.....

03_Snake

Established Member
Wait!

I would wait.

Ford is coming down hard on mods. Perhaps by the time you return this will have changed. Also, IF (and I stress if) the '04 or '05 Cobra is Naturally Aspirated, our '03 Cobras are gonna really hold their value -- perhaps more so for stock.

Since you have the opportunity to put the car in storage and have REALLY low miles at the other end of your stint, I think you could be sitting on a gold mine.

$0.02US

Be Safe!!!!!

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
I would wait put the money you would have spent on mods in the bank and let it earn money, and when ya come back you have more money, and the mods will be cheapter, and you will know for sure what the best bang for the buck is.

f4sfed

Established Member
I would say wait, for all the reasons that everyone has already stated above.

In other news: be safe, and thank you for serving this great country! :thumbsup:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
Re: Wait!

Originally posted by 03_Snake
I would wait.

Ford is coming down hard on mods. Perhaps by the time you return this will have changed. Also, IF (and I stress if) the '04 or '05 Cobra is Naturally Aspirated, our '03 Cobras are gonna really hold their value -- perhaps more so for stock.

Since you have the opportunity to put the car in storage and have REALLY low miles at the other end of your stint, I think you could be sitting on a gold mine.

$0.02US

Be Safe!!!!!

after reading this post i ran to the yard and looked for my air silencer that i had thrown in the garbage. luckily i found it.:beer:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 03snake
Mod now, have some fun before ya go. Being active duty myself for 22 years(2 more to go) the knowledge of what you have to come home to will be an awesome feeling. Homecomings are great and that much better if you have a 2 year old 450rwhp Beast awaiting your arrival with only 1500 miles on it. By the way be sure to have some fun and like Smitty said, welcome to the PAC Fleet.....
Exactly! I was in the USMC for 6 years and went overseas 3 times. I had a hot rod bike waiting for me when I came back twice. Wouldn't have had it any other way. Been there done that.

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
Hey dude you take care I have a son who just did his tour of duty in Seoul Korea. He says after the culture shock wears off you will like it. Be safe....................

Last edited:

Trader

Established Member
Mod when you get back. You will save some cash over there, and whne you get back there are going to be a few more mods out there.

Good luck and stay safe.

sonicblu03

Established Member
All,

Thanks for the replies. No problem going overseas again, just wasn't in my plans at the 19yr mark.

Probably will hold off on the pulley mod till my return but will go with a catback just because I like a Mustang that growls. To quiet stock IMO.

It has been a pleasure serving this great country with no regrets. I would like to thank all those folks who have modded their Cobras and gave feedback to the rest of the group. Alot of good info on this site.

Talk with ya'll later :beer:

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread