Was feeling a little crafty. Ford 302 block

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
So being I was ford guy before i moved over to the corvette. I still have some old ford parts always laying around the garage. So since i was bored, i looked in my garage and looked around and noticed i had a complete short block from my old 302 days. Only thing wrong with it was that it had a bad main bearing. Knowing i wouldn't be using it for anything in the future i decided to strip it down and degrease everything. Block is in great shape. I decided to keep the raw look of the engine so i just dried it off let it sit. Then i went to harbor freight and bought their 750lb engine stand for $45 since it would be brand new and clean since this would be going in the house. I have a dedicated movie room in my house and we have a popcorn machine so i wanted to make a table for it to be up higher and on something that just looks cool. Being that I'm a gear head this fit the bill perfect.

This is what i came up with, nothing crazy but does the job and you can see the engine through the plexiglass.

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

In this picture you can see what i used for supports. I bought an aluminum tube from my local do it yourself hardware store. I cut it down to use as spacers and support for the 1/4" plexiglass since it had some flex. The spider tray bolt holes are perfectly spaced so thats what i used, just a long bolt through the plexiglass and it goes down through the aluminum tube into the threaded holes. Just used a washer on the bottom and top of aluminum spacer to help spread the load, instead of being right on top of the the thin aluminum tube.

IMG_2370.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2366.jpg
    IMG_2366.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 458
Last edited:

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
here is a picture of how i made the engine sit level on the engine stand since engine stand notoriously point the motor up at slight angle so i found some old spacers i had in the garage and spaced to two top mount out so it would lean the motor down level. probably not the best idea but it works and i bought some strong upper bolts to support the load.

IMG_2372.jpg

hope you enjoy, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread