Warrenty Work!.....Idle Problem & Clutch Vibration.....Results!

lebda

Established Member
Well I just got it back from dealer service. I took it in for the rough idle and a stall when cold. Also the clutch had a lot of action in it and vibrated all the time.

Results:
They have a new program to flash the PCU. This FIXED the problem. Before it would idle between 500 and 800 RPM and very rough. Now the needle sticks on 700 and is smooth.

THE BIG DADDY PROBLEM!
Dropped the tranny and put a whole new clutch assembly in with a throwout bearing. Now it is very tight and smooth. VERY NICE!

Also took it in for the pull to the right. My mechanic said he would have to drill out the rivets on the CC plates. I said NO because I am putting Eibachs with CC plates on.

Also took it in for a rubbing on the front disc brake when slowing. He said he couldn't hear it, but on my way home it was rediculously loud. I am taking it back and taking him on a spin.

Lot of problems on a car with less than 1000 miles!
Oh well, I still love it!!!

Come on FORD!

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> I took it in for the rough idle and a stall when cold.

Faulty Idle Air Control (IAC) valve comes to mind.

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
You're chip probably won't work anymore, let us know please! You now have the YDH1 computer right? Do you know what it looks like from an Air/Fuel w/o the chip? Chris Johnson of JMSChips told me the QUD2 was much richer than the YDH0.. as in 14-15:1 w/ a QUD2 whereas the YDH0 was in the 16-17 range.. OUCH! I'd love to get the idle fixed but I know my chip won't work and it would require a completely new dyno-tune since I don't want mailorder..

Jerry

RJTD34

Established Member
Clutch Vibration

I took mine in for the clutch vibration. Service manager called back
to tell me thaT it needed a new transmission. Said they would have it installed within three days.
That was six days ago and now he says tranny wont be in for at least another three days. Then he wants me to bring the rental car back and drive the Cobra with the bad tranny until the new one comes in. He tells me that it has to come off the line at SVT and it takes a while to get the T56. I can't help but wonder if they initially ordered the wrong tranny. It seems like two weeks is a long time to get this taken care of.

lebda

Established Member
Wow! I never thought about my chip not working. I will call where I got it tomarrow and ask them. I am still learning about all the technical computer jargan and don't know anything about what program I have or what my air/fuel mixture is. I got the Diablo from RPM Outlet. They never asked me what program my car had before I ordered it. Does this matter? I did have to specify what mods I've done and what octane I am using though. Anyone know who programs them over there and if they are reputable. I ordered it before doing research on the forum for good programers.

lebda

Established Member
RJTD34
Sounds fishy that it is a bad transmission. Sounds like the dealer may be trying to get more money from Ford to do a larger repair than needed, but thats just me. Mine needed a new clutch and THROWOUT BEARING and whala! Also, all you guys with loose clutches; try this to get rid of the play and vibration:
Car off, put in 1st and push clutch in; let clutch out; reach down with your hand and pull the clutch up with your hand firmly; you will feel a click and this adjusts the clutch!

Users who are viewing this thread