warranty

bolt01

Established Member
today when i was washing my truck i noticed that both fog lights were crack on the lense. I was wondering if i could bring my truck into the local ford dealership and have them replace them for free due to my warranty. Or do you guys think my warranty will not cover it.

boomr

Established Member
How many miles are on the vehicle, what year is the truck, are you talking about a factory warranty? Can you tell why the fog lights are cracked? Heat issues, rock chips?

bolt01

Established Member
ok my truck is a 2001 lightning with 42,000 miles. i purchased the truck used when it had 10,000 miles on it and also decided to get a 6 year warranty on the truck also. as far as the fog lights being crack i'm not sure how they cracked but my guess would be from rock chips.

boomr

Established Member
bolt01 said:
ok my truck is a 2001 lightning with 42,000 miles. i purchased the truck used when it had 10,000 miles on it and also decided to get a 6 year warranty on the truck also. as far as the fog lights being crack i'm not sure how they cracked but my guess would be from rock chips.

Factory warranty is expired. Is this an aftermarket warranty? They may not cover the fog lights if cracked due to rocks, but call them and ask first (don't volunteer how they got cracked), there should be an 800 number on contract/paperwork for the claims dept. I think some of the earlier fog lights had problems cracking due to heat or something like that, I maybe of base on that one though. Maybe someone else (who knows more about that) can chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread