Warranty Refund

DSG03Snake

Established Member
I just sent the letter to my dealership to get my warranty refunded, but im curious as to how much I can expect back. It says on my purchase agreement it was $1,995 (rip off) for the 6/60, and im getting it refunded with 5 years left, and 8401 on the car.

Any guesses on how much I should be getting back? Im pumped, because im also getting a refund on my gap insuarnce since I paid the car off :)

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
I did the same with my truck. First off I was told it would take about 4 weeks.

As to how much you get back, it depends on how much of it you have used.

I never used the warranty on my truck. But the truck had 42,000 miles on it. Since this was past the factory 36000 mile warranty, I will get a percentage back based on what I dipped into the 60,000 mile warranty. They said I would probably get 75% back..

Chris

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Depends where your loan originates [if you have a loan]. If it's with Ford Credit, they will just take the refund off what you owe on the car and not give you any cash.

I talked them down to $900 for that same 6/60 and have read about other guys getting it for less than that. I think there's a lot of profit built into the extended warranties.

Pyro

Established Member
I was going to do the same thing when I started modding but decided against it. Keep in mind that the 6/60 warranty covers other things in the car such as electronics and other NON-MOD related items. For example, I had a problem with my AC and they fixed it without hesitation. If that happens after the stock 3/30 is up, it could have costed $100's. What if your stereo goes out or a door lock breaks in a couple of years. It could get expensive to fix whereas if it's warrantied, it's a done deal. It's all a big gamble just like insurance is. Just my $.02 worth.

Last edited:

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
Depends where your loan originates [if you have a loan]. If it's with Ford Credit, they will just take the refund off what you owe on the car and not give you any cash.

I talked them down to $900 for that same 6/60 and have read about other guys getting it for less than that. I think there's a lot of profit built into the extended warranties.
there is profit built in. he should get back around 1400.00 or so:) :)

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
I was going to do the same thing when I started modding but decided against it. Keep in mind that the 6/60 warranty covers other things in the car such as electronics and other NON-MOD related items. For example, I had a problem with my AC and they fixed it without hesitation. If that happens after the stock 3/30 is up, it could have costed $100's. What if your stereo goes out or a door lock breaks in a couple of years. It could get expensive to fix whereas if it's warrantied, it's a done deal. It's all a big gamble just like insurance is. Just my $.02 worth.
I sold the car, the new owner doesnt want it.

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
Originally posted by DSG03Snake
I just sent the letter to my dealership to get my warranty refunded, but im curious as to how much I can expect back. It says on my purchase agreement it was $1,995 (rip off) for the 6/60, and im getting it refunded with 5 years left, and 8401 on the car.

Any guesses on how much I should be getting back? Im pumped, because im also getting a refund on my gap insuarnce since I paid the car off :)

The full $1,995! If you had 36,001 miles on your car they would pro-rate your refund based on the fact that you had used 1 mile of the ESP. Your car is still under factory warrant soooo.....you SHOULD expect/demand every penny back.

I already went through this once before, if you run into any problems at the dealer or with FoMoCo shoot me a PM.

By the way, did you pay cash for the ESP or was it financed into the loan?

moonltgold

"The full $1,995! If you had 36,001 miles on your car they woul"d pro-rate your refund based on the fact that you had used 1 mile of the ESP. Your car is still under factory warrant soooo.....you SHOULD expect/demand every penny back.

I already went through this once before, if you run into any problems at the dealer or with FoMoCo shoot me a PM.

By the way, did you pay cash for the ESP or was it financed into the loan?"

NOT IN MY CASE.
I bought the 6yrs/75 ESP after the car was 1.5 years old, then decided to cancel at 3/36 due to several mods. I figured since I hadn't tapped into the ESP I should get it all back. WRONG. They said ESP started 18 months ago, and pro-rated these last 18 months from of the ESP, plus a $25 fee, plus I had to wait 3 weeks. So what cost me $1600 something cash for the ESP, I then only got back about $1,068. What bums me out is I had the 3/36 for free and should have never bought the 6/75 in the first place. It's a rip off.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Re: Re: Warranty Refund

Originally posted by HaulinBuggy
The full $1,995! If you had 36,001 miles on your car they would pro-rate your refund based on the fact that you had used 1 mile of the ESP. Your car is still under factory warrant soooo.....you SHOULD expect/demand every penny back.

By the way, did you pay cash for the ESP or was it financed into the loan?
It was on the loan, but I paid the loan off before I sold the car, so I should get a check back.

See the thing I understood was that the esp takes effect the second you buy it, and overlaps with the factory warranty which is why it is so stupid.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by DSG03Snake
Just FYI I goty $1,512.68 back, and the dealership wrote me a check didnt have to wait 4-6 weeks.
mod money man:beer:

2veloce

Established Member
Service Contracts are usually governed by state law - refund calculations and the time period allowed to return the refunded dollars.

Look at your agreement (get a magnifying glass) to be clear on what the agreement requires the dealer or the lending institution to do on refunds.

Since you signed the agreement. You now need to find out what you agreed to.

Users who are viewing this thread