Warranty excuses

rsom1

Established Member
Took my transmission clunk, and intermittent stalling issues to a local dealership (to remain un-named until resolution). So far, even though these problems are on almost every Cobra, and have been on mine sice I bought it, my Triax and CAI are causing all these problems. I wonder if they will blame the loose rear bumper cover on the harsh ride from the Steeda springs. Just venting, but this is crazy.

randy

Established Member
make sure to use the screen with the CAI. Reinstall you factory filter assembly to see if the stall goes away....They have a legimate case with the CAI causing a stall. LOL..I also saw you have a C and L. If I was a tech, I wouldn't want to touch your car either and you really can't expect them to warranty a stalling problem when you have replaced the meter housing can you??? I am the last person to support poor excuses for warranty exclusions, but you are lucky if your car doesn't get flagged with the C&L. I would back off the dealer a bit if I were you. It only takes a couple of keystrokes and you are royally hosed:(

Last edited:

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
I'd have to agree with Randy... it could be that the MAF sensor is a little dirty or perhaps has some filter grease/oil on it and causing the stall... or it could be the MAF itself just isn't being friendly.

try putting the stock MAF back in and see what happens and if it still doesn't work... take it back to a different dealer with the stock filter and MAF installed.

Not sure about the tranmission clunk you are hearing though... there is definatly alot of tranny noise that works it way up through the stock shifter (the aftermarket shifters even more so). Where is the clunk comming from? Is it from the driveshaft u-joints perhaps? The rear pinion? back by the tires? or up front through the dash area? the ACs have been known to make CLUNKs too when it kicks in on some cars.

Youv'e come to the right place though... lots of good people here may be able to help you diagnose the probs you are experiencing... just be more descriptive.

Best of luck to you :beer:

03DOHC

Established Member
The clunk is a normal mustang thing, get used to it. It even says the clunk is normal in print from ford. You can try to reduce it by pulling the driveshaft and lubricating the splines with teflon grease that you can get from ford.

As far as the stalling goes, I'd have to agree that you can't expect ford to try and troubleshoot that problem under warranty if you changed out the MAF. Your best bet is to put it back to stock, take it in and then go from there.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Also from personal experience, don't even try to get tranny work done with an aftermarket shifter installed. The MGW handle is ok since it doesn't change the pattern or "gate", but a triax etc. will result in you paying for repairs trust me on this one. ;-)

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Yea, if I was Ford I'd laugh at you for complaining about a stalling problem with a C&L meter on there. Those meters are notorious for screwing things up.

rsom1

Established Member
My bad, I forgot to mention that the C&L lasted about 3 weeks. I heard so many bad things that I pulled it. I was worried about leaning things out too much. As far as backing off the dealer, I was pretty cool about it. In fact I spoke w/ the service manager when I picked it up, and we had a good discussion about what Ford can and can't legitimately claim. He said as they gain more experience w/ Ford on warranty claims they would give me feedback on whether the TB has hosed the whole warranty or not.

Thanks for the feedback guys, and I do agree about not touching it w/ the C&L, but I'll have to argue if they start making claims about the TB.

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by rsom1
Took my transmission clunk, and intermittent stalling issues to a local dealership (to remain un-named until resolution). So far, even though these problems are on almost every Cobra, and have been on mine sice I bought it, my Triax and CAI are causing all these problems. I wonder if they will blame the loose rear bumper cover on the harsh ride from the Steeda springs. Just venting, but this is crazy.

I hope you stayed away from a dealer that starts with the word Mac and ends with the word Haik. You can see my car posted on the most wanted list in the warranty decline office. ;-)

ChrisFLL

Established Member
rsom1, I feel for you man. My car is totally stock with the YDH1 code and it stalled like crazy. A reprogram has helped, but has not cured the condition. So trust me, your MAF is not totally to blame.

Users who are viewing this thread