Warranty at Best Buy?

nhancedsvt

Established Member
When I purchased my laptop at Best Buy I also got the extra warranty where if anything happens to it they fix it. I was just wondering if anyone else has this and if they have had to use it. I dropped my laptop today and am going to need to get it fixed so just wondering what to expect.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
ive used mine plenty of times, its not for a laptop but it was for an amplifier. I used it 5 times. Fried the motherboard in it 2 times, some other things the other 3 and never gave me one problem, but dont expect to get it anytime soon

Lightningfr

Banned
i hope they honor it!

we did that with a washer dryer they wouldnt honor it...

guy at work did it with his pos dell...
and nothin...

extra warranty is crap
imo

Vrointhk06

Established Member
look what serivce plan you bought, if you bought the accidental psp then you should be good, if you bought the standard then you are SOL

haha coming from a best buy representative btw

tvguy

That warranty IS crap, but yet is NOT crap. I bought a Sony DVD recorder from Best Buy two months ago. It doesn't work at all now. Won't record a damn thing. I went back to BB for a return and they asked if I purchased any sort of "extended warranty". Nope, I did not. They more or less told me to screw off. Had I purchased any sort of warranty from them, I could exchange it. But I didn't. I now have to send my two month old DVD recorder to Sony for "repair". Free to repair but I pay shipping. I will buy ALL my shit at Costco from now on. Best Buy sucks.
PACOTACO

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
That warranty IS crap, but yet is NOT crap. I bought a Sony DVD recorder from Best Buy two months ago. It doesn't work at all now. Won't record a damn thing. I went back to BB for a return and they asked if I purchased any sort of "extended warranty". Nope, I did not. They more or less told me to screw off. Had I purchased any sort of warranty from them, I could exchange it. But I didn't. I now have to send my two month old DVD recorder to Sony for "repair". Free to repair but I pay shipping. I will buy ALL my shit at Costco from now on. Best Buy sucks.
PACOTACO

i always buy at Costco, as they take care of their customers.

BB is good until day 30. then you are on your own.

Perhaps you should just buy another one, then return the defective one?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
The warranty is good on certain items imo... such as car audio since you can keep blowing your subs/speakers and getting new ones. But it just depends on the person some always buy them others never do...
As for the OP listen to Vrointhk06 he pretty much told you what bbuy will. Hopefully you got the one w accidental damage.
Oh and the whole exchange thing won't work out too well, since he's not returning a $50 DVD player, they'll actually open the box and see it's been dropped. "Most" people aren't stupid... But then there are those that work in retail that are :shrug:

Last edited:

tvguy

Perhaps you should just buy another one, then return the defective one?

Yep, I may just do that. There's no way they can scan the actual recorder, only the box. BB has given me no other choice. I'm surely not going to ship out a 2 month old DVD recorder and wait for it to be repaired. BB sucks. Costco rocks. I just returned a 67" Samsung TV at Costco and they didn't even blink an eye. PAST their new 90 day policy by the way. I even forgot the stand and brought it back the next day. They probably didn't care about my return as in the same transaction I turned around and bought a 70" JVC that was $200 more. But still, they thought nothing of me returning a 67" tv. Pain in the ass that it was.
PACOTACO

nathanralph

Established Member
Best Buy warranty has been EXCELLENT for me. The laptop I'm typing this on is one I got free on exchange because my old one scrapped out.

I've had laptops replaced twice now free under the extended warranty....WORTH IT.

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
Yep, I may just do that. There's no way they can scan the actual recorder, only the box. BB has given me no other choice. I'm surely not going to ship out a 2 month old DVD recorder and wait for it to be repaired. BB sucks. Costco rocks. I just returned a 67" Samsung TV at Costco and they didn't even blink an eye. PAST their new 90 day policy by the way. I even forgot the stand and brought it back the next day. They probably didn't care about my return as in the same transaction I turned around and bought a 70" JVC that was $200 more. But still, they thought nothing of me returning a 67" tv. Pain in the ass that it was.
PACOTACO

Yup, and because of that, you'll buy more stuff there. They know this. the retail market is generally down currently, except for Costco. It isn't hard to figure out why.

ixi

What Would Fonzi Do?
Established Member
I've gotten 2 new laptops from service plans, among other misc. items.
Oh, and PACOTACO Best Buy can honor the manufacturers warranty, that store is just a bunch of douchebags.

Users who are viewing this thread