warped discs..(imagine that..)

gud2goe

Established Member
well as the title says after doing the springs i see the rotors are warped..i think i will go with powerslots due to drilled rotors are prone to cracking..

my question is there a good place to get them at a decent price..i checked e-bay ,,,but just because a rotor has slots doesnt make them powerslots like some would have you belive..

gud2goe

Established Member
well let me say this...if they arent warped i have a bent spindle....because i can see it by spinning...i am going with rotor as oppesed to spindle

yea i went to tire rack..not a bad deal..

thanks shelby

Last edited:

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I've warped mine 3 times already. I drive hard, but these cars are just heavy. I ordered some slotted and zinc plated brembos from www.gothamracing.com. I didn't see them listed on the website, so I had to call but they can get them for most any car.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
gud2goe said:
well let me say this...if they arent warped i have a bent spindle....because i can see it by spinning...i am going with rotor as oppesed to spindle
Are you spinning them with the wheels off? If you are, the rotor slips over hub and will flop around a bit with the wheels off. The wheel holds the rotor to the hub. If you don't feel it when your driving then they are not warped.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
If I had to replace my rotors 3 times because they were warped, then I would also be looking at the bearings and spindle for damage / wear.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
MidLifeC said:
If I had to replace my rotors 3 times because they were warped, then I would also be looking at the bearings and spindle for damage / wear.

I was able to cut the rotors the first 2 times, they were only slightly out of spec. I was doing alot of highway pulls and alot of braking when this happened.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
Ive warped three sets of different rotos (ebc, kvr, etc), daily driving,
no autocross, no racing.
Then I bought a brake system from baer and havent had a problem
since.

Something to be said for actually spending a little extra to get well known quality then trying to go the cheap route all the time.

although, a good alternative is the cobra r brake setup, heard nothing but good things about it and its not ridiculously expensive like some brake systems.

gud2goe

Established Member
well i went with the frpp drilled\slotted rotors got a good price from gene evans ford...

but after talking to some peeps it is my understanding that both the stock and frpp rotors are brembo units(correct me if i am wrong)..so i think i should be ok.....for now.. :shrug:

Last edited:

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
BuffDigits said:
Ive warped three sets of different rotos (ebc, kvr, etc), daily driving,
no autocross, no racing.
Then I bought a brake system from baer and havent had a problem
since.

Something to be said for actually spending a little extra to get well known quality then trying to go the cheap route all the time.

although, a good alternative is the cobra r brake setup, heard nothing but good things about it and its not ridiculously expensive like some brake systems.

More info on your setup?

Users who are viewing this thread